The Humanist Manifestos
- Towards the Dehumanization of the World? Caillé, Alain; Trigano, Shmuel // Diogenes;2002, Vol. 49 Issue 195, p3
Discusses changes taking place in society and the world that are contributing to the so-called dehumanization of man. Determination of what remains alive of traditional references to human beings, nature and democracy; Hegemony of the forces that encourage people to abandon...
- PHILOSOPHER'S COLUMN. Kolenda, Konstantin // Humanist;May/Jun88, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p34
Discusses humanism and humanists. Confusion over what humanists are; European humanists; Ethos of Enlightenment; Humanism and humanities; Religious tolerance; Invention of the democratic state.
- All Human Rights For All. Mayor, Federico // UNESCO Courier;Nov99, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p9
Editorial. Offers observation on the advances in political democracy. Significance of the commemoration of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights; Human right that is constantly threatened; Social problems that persist.
- Human rights, democracy and China. Qing, Liu; Xue, Yuan // Journal of International Affairs;Winter96, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p333
Focuses on the issues of human rights and democracy in China. China as the main advocate of the concept that human rights and democracy do not suite Chinese conditions; Argument that the rights of existence and development oppose and negate democracy and human rights; Discussion on Chinese...
- The establishment of extensive private organizations: The foremost task for human rights... Baiqiao, Tang; Xue, Yuan // Journal of International Affairs;Winter96, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p365
Focuses on the establishment of private organizations in China to improve human rights conditions and promote democracy. Historical and cultural factors; Student movements; Goals and roles of private organizations.
- Chinese opinion on human rights. Wan, Ming // Orbis;Summer98, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p361
Discusses the views on human rights and democracy held by the Chinese state and society. List of White Papers issued by the Information Office of the State Council since November 1991 which deal with human rights and other issues; Factor that affected the volume of Chinese writing on human...
- 5. A Renewed Understanding of Globalization. // Chinese Education & Society;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p40
Reports on the role of individual countries to global integration. Differences in the understanding about the concept of globalization; Changes in the degree of civilization of humanity; Establishment of international mechanisms for peace and democracy.
- Now for the Real Work. Evenson, Kristie D. // Transitions Online;7/17/2006, p6
The article discusses the findings of Freedom House's publication "Nations in Transit," which has monitored democracy standards in Montenegro proper and in relation to its union with Serbia. The 2006 study focused on how Montenegro performed during 2005 in reaching democratic standards based on...
- Going after the dictators. Palmer, Mark // Freedom Review;Oct93, Vol. 24 Issue 5, The World Conference... p18
Discusses the struggle between the forces of democracy and dictatorship over human rights. Aggressive representation in Vienna; Reluctance to apply economic and military pressures; Identifying with local democrats; Strengthening the ability of American democratic organizations; Redirection of...