The Essential Chesterton
- GK CHESTERTON. Jones, Tobias // Prospect;Jan2005, Issue 106, p48
Presents an interview for the British writer Gk Chesterton regarding his reactionary tradionalist way of writing. Description of his works; Criticism on the issues brought out by his pieces; Focus on multiculturalism.
- 08/15 - G.K. Chesterton. // Integral Leadership Review;Aug-Nov2013, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p25
No abstract available.
- MARTIN GARDNER and GILBERT CHESTERTON. FARRELL, JEREMIAH // Word Ways: The Journal of Recreational Linguistics;Nov2011, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p256
A crossword puzzle related to writer Gilbert Chesterton is presented.
- G. K. CHESTERTON: POET. O'Connor, Thomas F. // America;10/16/1920, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p617
The article focuses on the works of G. K. Chesterton, particularly with his poems that reveals his being pious. It states that his works contain generous medley of ingenious paradox and pleasant humor with a sound philosophy and lofty moral sentiment. It notes that Chesterton was the prophet of...
- GKC: Incisive intellect and moral innocent. Woodard, Joe // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;05/19/97, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p36
Reviews the book `Wisdom and Innocence: A Life of G.K. Chesterton,' by Joseph Pearce.
- G. K. CHESTERTON IN HIS AUTOBIOGRAPHY. WOODLOCK, THOMAS F. // America;12/5/1936, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p199
The author describes and analyzes the writings of English writer G. K. Chesterton. He praises Chesterton for the writer's clairvoyance of his vision and his complete understanding by which he saw unerringly into the meaning of things and their relation to the very fundamentals of thought itself....
- Coming to terms with Chesterton. Teachout, Terry // American Scholar;Winter89, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p105
Presents a short biography of G.K. Chesterton. Chesterton (1874-1936) was a Catholic literary critic and Christian apologist, but also an anti-Semite and fiction writer. To understand Chesterton, it is necessary to create a harmony of the different facets of his literary life. Details of his...
- The Mystery of the Freethinker. CHESTERTON, G. K. // America;6/30/1928, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p281
The article responds to the allegations made by writer H. Cutner in his criticism of the Catholic Church published in the magazine "Freethinker." In his piece, Cutner allegedly degraded author G. K. Chesterton who was a practicing Catholic. In reply, Chesterton stated that the "Freethinker," in...
- LITERATURE AND ARTS. McCOLE, CAMILLE // America;7/18/1936, Vol. 55 Issue 15, p354
The author reflects on writer Gilbert Keith Chesterton, who in his last visit to the U.S. conducted a series of lectures entitled "Lectures on the History and Literature of the Victorian Period." He says that the lectures conducted by Chesterton was prepared from the rich store house of his mind...