Rethinking the Crusades
- Muslim responses to the crusades. Irwin, Robert // History Today;Apr97, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p43
Discusses how the Islam responded to Christian invaders. Political power exercised by the Seljuk Turkish sultan; Barkiyaruq's perspective about Christian invaders; Rift between Sunni and Shi'i Muslims; Reason why satirical poet Ibn al-Qaysrani recommends to his fellow muslims to attend churches...
- WARS in the Name of God. Graf, Christine // Faces;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p38
The article explores the religious wars in the name of religion. It highlights the history of Crusades which centered on capturing the holy city of Jerusalem, a city that had been fought over for thousands of years. Moreover, violent conflicts continue to involve numerous different religions in...
- THE THEOLOGY AND TIMES OF WILLIAM OF TRIPOLI, O.P.: A DIFFERENT VIEW OF ISLAM. O'Meara, Thomas F. // Theological Studies;Mar2008, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p80
The 13th century, the age of universities and cathedrals, was a time when Europeans journeyed to unknown realms and encountered different religions. It was also the age of Crusades. William of Tripoli spent his life and ministry in the world around Acre in the Latin Kingdom, a crossroads for...
- The Long View. LONG, ROB // National Review;3/9/2015, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p36
The article presents a satirical transcript from "The Irshad Group," a fake political talk show which purportedly appears on the Al Jazeera television (TV) network. Topics include comments made by U.S. President Barack Obama regarding committed by Christians against Muslims during the Crusades,...
- EGYPT-UNREST. // Middle East Reporter (Weekly Edition);3/13/2010, Vol. 136 Issue 1193, p6
The article reports on the confrontation between Christians and Muslims which resulted to 24 injured people in Egypt.
- Egypt: A land not afraid of Muslim-Christian paradoxes. NORTON, JOHN // Our Sunday Visitor;1/16/2011, Vol. 99 Issue 38, p2
The article describes the Muslim-Christian relations in Egypt.
- Index. // Faith & Sword: A Short History of Christian-Muslim Conflict;2006, p241
A subject index of the book "Faith and Sword: A Short History of Christian-Muslim Conflict," by Alan G. Jamieson is presented.
- In the heartland of Islam. Walker, R.L. // Christianity Today;4/8/91, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p56
Investigates the status of the Christian church in the Persian Gulf region. Difficulties of ministering in the heartland of Islam; Impact of the presence of foreign troops; Steps taken by the military to grant religious freedom to troops, without Egyptian Christians), by D. Aikman.
- Mission and the Peaceable Kingdom. Bonk, Jonathan J. // International Bulletin of Missionary Research;Jan2008, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by David Shenk about the relationship between militant Muslims and evangelical Christians, and another by Hyun-Sik Kim about Christians in India.