Fit for the future
- HOW to GRADE CUSTOMER PROFITABILITY. Bader, Jason // Electrical Wholesaling;Oct2006, Vol. 87 Issue 10, p36
The article offers information about how to grade customer's profitability. One of the most powerful tools of a distributor is a customer profitability analysis report. This is a need in a business because customer's profitability are not the same. This simple data extraction will provide...
- So how long will it last???? Atkins, Michael // Northern Ontario Business;Feb2009, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p4
The article shares the author's views on the ongoing recession. He is of the opinion that a businessman should have the ability to predict the future of the market and his business. According to him, though the market is not at its lowest, the market conditions will worsen as consumers will now...
- EMOTIONAL MARKETING CONCEPT: THE NEW MARKETING SHIFT IN THE POSTMODERN ERA. Rytel, Tomas // Business: Theory & Practice;2010, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p30
The paper provides key assumptions for the development of the new theory shift, emotional marketing, as a natural outcome of the postmodern (consumer) society conditioned by the increasing need for consuming symbolic senses. Symbolic features of exchange objects shape the needs of the...
- Consumers hunt for holiday bargains. // Westchester County Business Journal;10/28/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 43, p29
Forecasts an increase in consumer spending in the United States during the 2002 Christmas season. Reason behind the predicted increase; Average amount that will be spent by consumers for Christmas shopping; Factors that influence consumers' purchasing decisions.
- Chapter 5: Key Sectors. // Turkey Business Forecast Report;2011 Quarter 2, Issue 2, p39
The article presents an overview of Business Monitor International Ltd.'s (BMI) forecasts to the key sectors of Turkey from 2010-2020, with information on the country' pharmaceuticals, food consumption, and oil & gas.
- Understand your customer before preparing forecasts. Cook, Thomas; Chase Jr., Charles W. // Journal of Business Forecasting Methods & Systems;Winter94/95, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p27
Discusses the need for understanding one's customer before preparing forecasts and illustrates how need and performance can be matched using a need-performance (N-P) map in business forecasting. Judgmental forecasting; Surveying attributes; Compiling data; Forecasting implications.
- BUILDING ALLIANCE WITH CLIENTS: KEY TO SUCCESS IN FORECASTING. Hu Song; Triantis, John // Journal of Business Forecasting Methods & Systems;Winter2002/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p2
Explains why it is important for business forecasters to build alliances with their clients. Different perspectives and behavior styles of forecasters and their clients; Client needs; Case examples that can help forecasters in building alliances with their clients.
- An Idea Whose Time Has Come. // Bank Investment Consultant;Jul2011, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p6
An introduction to the journal is presented in which authors presents tips on how to handle rich clients, different personality types and Vanguard's outlook for its Fran Kinniry.
- Consumer goods: US consumers to spend $29 billion on feeling younger in 2007. // MarketWatch: Food;April 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p11
Presents information concerning the expected increased in U.S. consumer spending in 2007 on consumer packaged goods that make buyers feel younger. Emergence of the youth market during the 1950s and 1960s; U.S. consumer spending in 2002-07 influenced by fear of aging.