Shares fall on interest rate fears
- Long-term view is bright for not-so-stable gilts. Mullet, John // Accountancy;Nov77, Vol. 88 Issue 1011, p9
Focuses on the decline of short-term interest rates and increase in prices of gilt edge stock. Performance of the gilt structure; Utilization of the balance of asset from the domestic private sector; Impact of foreign sales of gilts to inflation.
- Rising interest rates could test stock market. Bryson, Gregory; Schannep, Timothy; Stanley, Morgan; Witter, Dean // Inside Tucson Business;03/08/99, Vol. 8 Issue 50, p8
Examines the effects of rising interest rates to stocks in the United States. Risks to the liquidity-driven stock market; Potential effects of an economic slowdown due to higher bond yields.
- Rates nuddy outlook. de Lange, Lucas // Finance Week;02/04/2000, p43
Reports on an upward phase for stocks in the United States despite concern over increasing interest rates. Downward correction being undergone by the Dow Jones Industrial Average; Factors behind the decline in the US long rate. INSETS: It's a muscular bull.;A healthy correction..
- Winners and Losers. Minana, Luis E. // Caribbean Business;9/24/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p8
Presents information on the performance of stocks in Puerto Rico for the week ended September 24, 1998. Information on interest rates; Stock spilt declared by Oriental Financial Group.
- Weekly comment on Puerto Rico stocks. Rosales, Jeannette // Caribbean Business;6/17/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p7
Reports on the performance of Puerto Rican stocks for the week of June 11, 1999. Winners and losers of the week; Causes of the decline of the Puerto Rico Stock Index; Possibility that the United States Federal Reserve Board will raise interest rates; Support levels of Puerto Rican stocks.
- Don't sell--yet. Nikolov, Christopher // Financial World;01/21/97, Vol. 166 Issue 1, p28
Discourages stock market investors in the United States from selling their holdings. Correlation in the movement of the Dow Jones Transportation, Utilities and Industrial Averages; Gains of the Standard & Poor Index; Investors' concerns over interest rates.
- Market rally should put shoppers in a buying mood. Francis, David R. // Christian Science Monitor;5/21/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 123, p21
Discusses effects of an interest rate cut by the United States Federal Reserve, and how it will effect the stock market.
- Could Lower Rates Hurt Sales? Cornwell, Ted // National Mortgage News;11/11/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p20
Examines the impact of lower interest rates on the sale of mortgage and financial stocks in the U.S. Adjustable-rate mortgages.
- Interest Rates. // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/1/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p51
Presents a chart depicting the interest rates of the stocks in Indianapolis, Indiana as of April 2002. Annual percentage yield; Minimum balance.