- Nonwoven Substrate Finishing with Essence Microcapsules. Qian Cheng; Luo Yan // AATCC Review;Aug2005, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p46
Nonwoven substrates used for synthetic leather base cloths were finished with essence microcapsules, prepared by complex coacervation, and their optimal usage was investigated. Property comparisons before and after treatment were made for these substrates. The method for treatment of nonwoven...
- Soft Body Armor for Law Enforcement Applications. Purushothaman, Arvind; Coimbatore, Gopal; Ramkumar, Seshadri S. // Journal of Engineered Fabrics & Fibers (JEFF);2013, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p97
This paper focuses on the development of a novel ballistic protection composite which can provide both cut resistance and impact protection. The ballistic shield is made by sandwiching high strength, impact resistant, multi-layered woven fabrics between a leather strike face layer and a...
- SOLUTION FOR SYNTETHIC PRODUCTS NESTING BASED ON LEATHER PRODUCTS DESIGN. Alex, Antemie; Aurel, Popp // Annals of the University of Oradea. Fascicle of Textiles, Leathe;2012, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p156
Research in general irregular-shape nesting can be used in confection industry for nesting leather and syntethic product parts. Today there are solutions for syntethic products, while solutions for leather products are still under development. Our research is oriented to improved footwear design...
- Developments digest. // Colourage;Jul96, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p27
Discusses developments in textile processing. Computerized yarn dyeing; Wet oxidation; Effluent purification and effluent recycling at the dyeing machine; Development of the MK18 jet-dyeing machine.
- To keep. // Redbook;Dec96, Vol. 188 Issue 2, p29
Presents tips on how to keep synthetic and jersey fabrics cling free.
- NEXT-GENERATION SOFT BODY ARMOR FOR MILITARY AND LAW ENFORCEMENT APPLICATIONS. Purushothaman, Arvind; Ramkumar, Seshadri // Proceedings of the Annual International Conference & Exhibition ;2009, p1
The article presents a study which highlights the process of the ballistic testing of a soft-body armor for military and law enforcement applications. The study fabricated a simple experimental set to the testing, which showed that the sample with 20 plies of anti-ballistic fabrics provide Level...
- Woven Fabrics: Recent Developments and Future Applications. Wechsler, Thomas // Medical Device Technology;Jun2003, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p35
Explores the developments and applications of woven synthetic fabrics in medical and biotechnology industry. Development of materials; Progress in weaving technology and binding patterns; Improvements in textile finishing; Developments in the fabrication of components.
- Demystifying technical fabrics. Gabbard, Andrea // Women's Sports & Fitness;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p71
Features moisture-management synthetic fabrics used in high-performance base-layer clothing. Includes coolmax; Dryline; Drymax; Berber; Glenpile; Polartec Fleece; Entrant; Gore-Tex; Silmond. INSET: Fabricspeak, by A.G..
- Ultrasuede's new dimension. Gilbert, Daniela // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/29/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 40, p10
Focuses on the Ultrasuede fabric used by fashion designers in the United States for their apparel collections. Key features and dimensional effects; Fashion value; Advantages over suede; Wide range of finishes and ornamentation techniques for the fabric.