- DOTI opens store in Boulder suburb. // Furniture/Today;5/7/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p41
The article reports on the store opening of Designs of the Interior (DOTI) in Larkridge, Colorado. The store features home furnishing and interior designs. It is housed in a 4,500-square-foot space and is owned by Jeff Mickel. DOTI has more than 30 franchised stores throughout the country. Jen...
- Cargo Homeshop opens 44th outlet. // Housewares;Oct2005, Issue 193, p33
The article reports on British housewares and furniture chain Cargo HomeShops' opening of its 44th branch on October 6, 2005. The store is located at the Brunel Shopping Centre in Swindon, England, and has a total area of 6,000 square feet. In the 18 months prior to October 2005, Cargo HomeShops...
- Ikea continues to fill in key U.S. markets. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;8/1/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p6
Discusses the growth of Sweden-based specialty home furnishings retailer Ikea in the United States. Stores in Atlanta, Georgia, and Dallas, Texas; Target market in Austin, Texas; Charlotte, North Carolina; Cleveland, Cincinnati and Columbus, Ohio; Denver, Colorado; Saint Louis, Missouri;...
- Alessi. Brill, Pamela // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Aug2007, Vol. 108 Issue 8, pR10
The article features the high-end design store Alessi. It has a vast array of designer products for the home, kitchen and offices. Its recent outlet is in New York where marketing assistant Doug Roche believes on the essence of having the store's own identity that made them decide to turn a...
- 18. Retailing. Penn Jr., William S.; Fox, Harold W.; Babione, F. A. // Journal of Marketing;Jan1970, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p102
The article presents marketing abstracts pertaining to retailing. They include "Christmas Year-Round," by Goody L. Solomon, "Merchandise Policies for Branch Stores," and "Contract Furnishings and Opportunities for Retailers," by Louis S. Bing.
- Enesco in accents for the long haul. Butler, Nancy // Home Accents Today;Nov2000, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p14
Reports the launching of Milieu home accent division by Enesco Home Gallery in North Carolina. Target of the company on existing gift retailers; Expansion of license programs; Introduction of product lines at the International Home Furnishings Market.
- Survey suggests specialization on wane. Butler, Nancy // Home Accents Today;Nov2000, Vol. 15 Issue 11, pS2
Presents a survey on lamps and lighting by Home Accents Today in the United States. Dependence of vendors on foreign sourcing; Dominance of specialty stores among retail sales; Participation of small businesses in the survey; Impact of the survey on the home accent furniture industry.
- Universe Study: Who answered the survey. // Home Accents Today;Dec2000, Vol. 15 Issue 12, pS22
Discusses the United States home furnishings industry report '2000 Universe Study,' released by the 'Home Accents Today' magazine as of December 2000. Home furnishings vendors who participated in the study; Retail channels.
- MARKET EVENTS. // Home Accents Today;Jul2008, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p100
A calendar of events for the home accent industry in the U.S. in 2008 is presented, including the New York International Gift Fair from August 16 to 21, the Ankasa Open House-Home Textiles Market Week Reception in New York City on August 16, and the Barefoot Contessa-Celebrity Appearance and...