Suite World makes its mark in London
- Dealers install Lane galleries in stores across the country. // Furniture/Today;11/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p28
Reports on the launching of branch stores among the furniture industry in the U.S. Expansion of client base; Increase of sales revenue; Extension of the showroom space.
- Havertys sets $58M in capital spending for '04. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;11/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p26
Reports on the capital expenditure plans of Havertys in Atlanta, Georgia. Launch of branch stores; Implementation of the consolidated distribution program; Increase of capital spending.
- Selling success. Waller // Cabinet Maker;10/01/99, Issue 5157, p18
Focuses on furniture retailer Furniture Village. Growth of the company after ten years of operation; Expansion plans; Goal of becoming the leader in the furniture industry; Opening of a branch store in Leeds, England; Cadogan Estates as company owner; Company emphasis on staff development.
- Burdines opens 7th furniture gallery store. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;8/19/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p2
Reports that Burdines Inc. has opened its seventh free-standing furniture gallery store in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Key features and amenities; Merchandising techniques; Other growth targets and strategies.
- Bernie & Phyl's opening seventh store. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;6/23/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 41, p2
Reports on Bernie and Phyl's Furniture's plan to open a store in Raynham, Massachusetts. Significance of the location of the store to the company; Offering of more comfort choices within its existing price spectrum.
- Second store for Furniture World. // Cabinet Maker;7/13/2001, Issue 5246, p4
Reports the opening of a store branch by Furniture World, a family-owned business in England.
- Dawkins to revamp Debenhams ranges. // Cabinet Maker;3/18/2005, Issue 5430, p4
Reports on the plan of Debenhams PLC to increase its furniture offering in Great Britain. Purchase by Debenhams of the former Allders branch stores; Statement of company project manager David Dawkins regarding the plan; Emphasis of Dawkins that any increase in furniture floorspace will come at...
- Winning window. // Cabinet Maker;12/14/2007, Issue 5568, p46
The article offers information on the window display competition conducted by Times Furnishing company on its 72 branches in Great Britain on December 3, 1971. The competition was part of a promotion in which it cooperated with four fibre manufacturers. It was reported that the overall winner...
- special report. // Furniture/Today;11/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p16
Reports developments related to the furniture industry and trade in the U.S. as of November 2003. Launch of branch stores by Ashley Home Stores; Reorganization of the store program of Drexel Heritage; Expansion of the product lines.