- opinion today. Andrews, Susan // Furniture/Today;10/14/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p280
Comments several issues related to furniture industry in North Carolina. Emphasis on furniture styles; Innovation for the latest home interior furnitures; Inclusion of Breast Cancer Awareness program of the industry.
- Bristol store secures European exclusivity. Santry, Claire // Cabinet Maker;07/23/99, Issue 5147, p3
Reports on the contemporary styles and strong European flavors of the products sold by furniture and lighting store Newtiques.
- Mixed spice. Pulling, Jenny // Cabinet Maker;07/23/99, Issue 5147, p12
Provides an update on the market for rustic-lined Indian and Mexican furniture in Great Britain as of July 23, 1999. Appeal to customers of the furniture products' original styles and ornamental value; Rustic look as the driving force behind the excellent market for the furniture products.
- Buoyant turns up the volume with launches. // Cabinet Maker;02/11/2000, Issue 5174, p2
Reports that Buoyant Upholstery's launch of furniture styles at the Furniture Show and SFRA exhibition in January 2000 marked an upturn in the firm's business.
- Continental influences. // Cabinet Maker;11/2/2001, Issue 5262, p15
Focuses on the growth of contemporary styles versus the traditional European style. Significance of the young professionals as the target market; Merger of contemporary and continental influences on the designs exhibition; Impact of the award-winning designs to business market fairs.
- Homely feel for contract furniture. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;02/11/2000, Issue 5174, p2
Reports on furniture styles exhibited during the Hotelympia contract furniture exhibition in London, England.
- Dining room resources turning over a new leaf. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;12/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p12
A growing number of traditional dining room resources are stepping up their attention to function, offering tables with leaf storage. Leaf storage isn't new in the European contemporary category, but the feature is showing up more and more these days in formal settings. It can range from the...
- Two way traffic. Calton, Rachel // Cabinet Maker;10/20/2006, Issue 5510, p24
The article reports on the successful furniture designs show held in Shanghai, China from September 11-14, 2006. Great Britain is considered to be the biggest importer of Chinese furniture in Europe. In fact, it has been observed that the drive to get more buyers in the country is strong. The...
- Sell a lifestyle. Boxer, David // Cabinet Maker;10/13/2000, Issue 5209, p12
Discusses strategies on how to attract customers into furniture stores. Offer of furniture designs which provide the lifestyle the new generation consumer demands; Provision of a variety of furniture selection for different lifestyles; Need for the furniture industry to stop being a...