People and Places
- 11 women scientists announced as winners of Elsevier Foundation OWSD awards. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;10/10/2011, Vol. 21, p336
The article reports on the 11 women scientists from Middle East, Latin America, Africa, Asia, and the Carribean, who were recipients of the Elsevier Foundation OWSD awards for their excellence in research.
- Mr. Pure. // U.S. News & World Report;3/6/89, Vol. 106 Issue 9, p16
Report on Abel Wolman who died last week at age 96. He is known for his efforts in sanitary engineering.
- Ethics. // Health Affairs;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p283
Provides information on the research grant on ethics and cell engineering in the John Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland. Source of funds; Amount of funds; Research on the ethical issues involved in stem cell research.
- Sanofi-Cell Research Outstanding Paper Award of 2011. Li, Dangsheng // Cell Research;Nov2012, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p1511
The article announces the Sanofi-Cell Research Outstanding Paper Award of 2011 given to several researchers for their research papers on cytology including Tony Kouzarides, Bing Ren and James A. Thomson.
- A Tribute to Abel Wolman, DrEng, Environmental and Engineering Scientist June 10,1892 - February 22,1989. // American Journal of Public Health;Jun89, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p784
The article presents an obituary for Abel Wolman, environmental and engineering scientist.
- AWARDS FOR AFRICA'S AGRICULTURE SCIENTISTS. // African Business;Nov2005, Issue 314, p25
This article announces that IFAR, a professional development programme that aims to foster scientific excellence in agriculture, has awarded nine African scientists with funds to conduct further research in 2005. The African winners are: Lelia Dongo, Niango Malick, Ambayeba Muimba-Kankolongo,...
- The Chosen ONES. Hood, Ernie // Environmental Health Perspectives;Jan2007, Vol. 115 Issue 1, pA24
The article reports that the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) has announced a new annual grants program called the Outstanding New Environmental Scientist (ONES) Award. The ONES awards were created because a major goal of the 2006 NIEHS Strategic Plan encompasses the...
- Scientists, Technical Innovators Win Medals of Science and Technology. // Physics Today;Feb2001, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p72
Presents the recipients of the 2000 National Medal of Science. John D. Baldeschwieler of Caltech; Yuan-Cheng B. Fung of the University of California, San Diego; Willis E. Lamb Jr. of the University of Arizona.
- Editorial. Nolch, Guy // Australasian Science;Mar2002, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p1
Editorial. Criticizes the popularity of athletes over scientists in Australia. Recipients of the Australian of the Year award; Scientists featured in stamps.