HITS ENTER GRAMMY HALL
Tags: GRAMMY Awards; SOUND recordings -- Awards -- United States; THRILLER (Music); JACKSON, Michael, 1958-2009; WALL, The (Music); PINK Floyd (Musical group); FOREVER Changes (Music); LOVE (Performer)
- RETRO ALBUMS. // Dolly;Dec2006, Issue 434, p155
The article reviews several music releases by various artists including "Thriller," by Michael Jackson, "The Wall," by Pink Floyd" and "Graceland," by Paul Simon.
- Jim Miller on pop music. // New Republic;7/19/80, Vol. 183 Issue 3, p23
The article reviews several music releases, including "The Wall," by Pink Floyd, "Off the Wall," by Michael Jackson and "London Calling," by the Clash. INSET: Albums Worth Hearing..
- 'The Thriller'. // Ebony;Jun2009, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p114
The article focuses on the works and achievements of Michael Jackson, also known as the "King of Pop" in the U.S. He is a multitalented singer who started his career as one of the members of the Jackson 5. During the 26th annual Grammy Awards held in Los Angeles, California on February 28, 1984,...
- Jackson Heights. Raftery, Brian M. // Entertainment Weekly;3/1/2002, Issue 642, p84
Features the music recording 'Thriller,' by Michael Jackson.
- MAKE YOUR iPOD A GRAMMY EXPERT. // Entertainment Weekly;1/25/2008, Issue 975, p34
The article recommends that one should fill their iPod up with every Album of the Year Grammy winners as a way to avoid being bored while the Writers Guild of America strike continues to take place, which is resulting in new television programs not being made. Some of the albums commented on in...
- Nick Lachey. // Entertainment Weekly;11/4/2011, Issue 1179, p74
The musician and television host Nick Lachey discusses the first music album he owned, "Thriller," by Michael Jackson.
- My pub jukebox. // Morning Advertiser;3/17/2011, Issue 532, p41
The article offers the author's favorite pub music including "Thriller," by Michael Jackson, "Super Trouper," by Abba and "Never Forget," by Take That.
- UNGLUED: DISGRACED EXPECTATIONS. Williams, Paul J. // Paste: Signs of Life in Music, Film & Culture;Dec2009/Jan2010, Issue 59, p80
The article presents the predictions of "Paste" magazine from 28,000 B.C. to 2009 in the U.S. In 1975, it projected the failure of rock band Kiss to succeed once they refused to remove their stupid makeup. In 1982, it was anticipated that Michael Jackson's new album "Thriller" was designed to...
- The Wall. Genise, Steven // Teen Ink;Dec2010, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p31
The article reviews the music release "The Wall," by Pink Floyd.