College Texts Net Sales Jump 17% in September
- PreK-12 Textbook and Supplemental Net Sales Flat in September. // Educational Marketer;12/10/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 24, p3
The article reports on the increase of net sales of textbooks and supplemental materials in the U.S. during the first nine months of 2007. The data, based on the monthly sales report released from the Association of American Publishers, indicated an increase of 3%, or $3.74 billion, as compared...
- College Textbook Net Sales Skyrocket in January. // Educational Marketer;4/13/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p1
The article focuses on the increase of college textbook net sales by 29% in January 2009 as revealed by the Association of American Publishers in the U.S. The strong gross sales and a significant fall-off in returns have contributed to the growth of net sales, reflecting continued strength in...
- Congress Questions Sky-High Costs of College Textbooks. Orchowski, Peggy // Community College Week;8/16/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the increasing costs of college textbooks in the U.S. as of August 2004. Overview of research findings by the California Student Public Interest Research Group on the effect of publishing industry practices on book costs; Remarks from Association of American Publishers chairman John...
- ERIC/RCS offers new materials for parents, teachers. // Reading Today;Aug/Sep90, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p6
This article reports on the collaboration between the ERIC Clearinghouse on Reading and Communication Skills and the International Reading Association, as of 1990, on several projects related to reading and reading instruction, in a continuing effort to make the latest information readily...
- Net College Sales Flat in July, Up 2.1% in First Seven Months. // Educational Marketer;9/18/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 27, p4
The article reports on a $908.4 million decrease in gross sales of college instructional materials in the U.S., based from the latest sales report from the Association of American Publishers. The 3.7% decline maintained the July 2006 net sales. However, year-to-date returns rose to 7.3% within...
- School Instructional Materials Sales Up 2.8% to $900M in July. // Educational Marketer;9/18/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 27, p8
The article reports on the 2.8% increase in sales in schools' instructional materials spending in July 2006 in the U.S., according to latest sales report from the School Division of the Association of American Publishers. The increment in sales in textbook and supplemental sales did not trigger...
- October K-12 Materials Sales Fall 16.3%. // Educational Marketer;1/5/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p7
The article focuses on the monthly sales report of the Association of American Publishers which reveals that sales of instructional materials sales has decreased in October 2009 due to the effect of economic crisis on education spending.
- College IM Sales Show Nearly 12% Growth in August. // Educational Marketer;10/25/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 21, p4
No abstract available.
- PreK-12 Sales up 8% Through August. // Educational Marketer;10/25/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 21, p6
No abstract available.