Houghton Muffin to Close On Harcourt Acquisition
- Houghton Mufflin's $4B Acquisition of Harcourt Stirs the Juices of Educational Publishing Industry. // Educational Marketer;7/23/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the issues concerning the $4 billion acquisition of Harcourt Inc. by Boston, Massachusetts-based Houghton Mifflin Co. The educational publishing industry is intrigued by the pending transaction of the two companies due to the high debt load and how they will be integrated....
- Educational Segment Dominates M&A Dollars. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/24/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 51, p2
The article reports on the merger deals entered by U.S. educational publishing companies in 2007. Three companies in the segment spent more than $13 billion during the year. The biggest deal was orchestrated by newcomers to publishing: Apax Partners, one of the country's largest private equity...
- Riverdeep, Houghton Mifflin and Thomson Stir More M&A Activity Than Has Been Seen Since 2001. // Educational Marketer;11/6/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 31, p1
The article reports development of merger and acquisition activity in the educational publishing industry. Thomson Learning Corp. and Houghton Mifflin Co. have the potential to account for the acquisition amounting to $10 billion in 2006. Also, a Riverdeep Inc. and Houghton agreed to create a...
- Cengage to Acquire Houghton Muffin College. // Educational Marketer;12/10/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 24, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of the college division of Houghton Mifflin Co. by Cengage Learning in Boston, Massachusetts. The $750 million cash definitive agreement marks the unity of two of the four largest educational publishers in the U.S. The transaction is also believed to be...
- Partnerships & Acquisitions... // Educational Marketer;1/12/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p8
Reports on acquisitions in the educational publishing industry in the U.S. as of January 12, 2004. Acquisition of San Francisco, California-based web-based assessment platform provider Edusoft by Houghton Mifflin; Acquisition of Piscataway, New Jersey-based test preparation publisher Research...
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. Emerges. // Educational Marketer;1/7/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the completion of the merger of U.S. educational publishing houses, Houghton Mifflin Co. and Harcourt Education Group, creating Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. The acquisition by Houghton Mifflin covers Harcourt K-12 educational publishing business as well as the...
- Lee, Bain Close in on HM. // Publishers Weekly;11/11/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 45, p9
Provides information on an agreement reached by Thomas H. Lee and Bain Capital to acquire Houghton Mifflin as of November 2002. Withdrawal of Blackstone Group and Apax Partners from the bidding.
- HM to Buy Test Assessment Firm. // Publishers Weekly;12/8/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 49, p8
Reports on a preliminary agreement forged by Houghton Mifflin to acquire academic assessment platform company Edusoft. Background of Edusoft.
- Houghton Mifflin And WebCT Announce Alliance For College Mkt. // Educational Marketer;07/10/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p9
Reports on the partnership of higher education publisher Houghton Mifflin Co. with WebCT to deliver its college textbooks and materials through the course management software of WebCT.