TITLE

Semi industry in 2007 was disappointing, 2008 to be more respectable, firm says

AUTHOR(S)
Mutschler, Ann Steffora
PUB. DATE
December 2007
SOURCE
Electronic News;12/17/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 51, p23
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
This article reports on the forecasts of market researchers at Future Horizons for the U.S. semiconductor industry for 2008. The firm reminded that IC sales were down 6 percent in the first half of 2007 compared to the second half of 2006, with recovery only starting at the beginning of the third quarter for overall growth for the year expected to be 5 to 6 percent. It believed that semiconductor market growth will recover to a respectable 12 percent level, based on a 10 percent unit growth and a modest 2 percent ASP recovery.
ACCESSION #
28038035

 

Related Articles

  • Analyst predicts 26% chip growth in 2002.  // Electronics Weekly;7/31/2002, Issue 2063, p10 

    Reports on the forecast of Future Horizons on the financial performance of semiconductor industry for 2002 and 2003. Expectation on 202 year-end market value; Improvement in worldwide integrated circuit unit shipments during the first half of 2002.

  • 2009 Economic forecast.  // Solid State Technology;Jan2009, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p20 

    The article provides information on several 2009 economic forecasts. Chief executive officer Malcolm Penn of Future Horizons Inc. in Kent, England notes that the chip market help up well during the first half of 2008. President Bill McClean of IC Insights Inc. in Scottsdale, Arizona states that...

  • Future Horizons: Semiconductor industry at start of next growth phase. Mutschler, Ann Steffora // Electronic News;1/7/2008, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p36 

    The article discusses the assessment by British market research firm Future Horizons of the semiconductor industry. The firm remains convinced that the industry is at the start of the next growth phase, which started in the first quarter of 2006 and suspected to have risen again in the fourth...

  • Promising year for chips.  // Electronics Weekly;1/11/2006, Issue 2223, p12 

    This article reports that the year 2006 looks good for the chip industry with all the vital signs pointing to robust demand and little chance of excess capacity. Future Horizons Inc. said this imbalance has translated into shortages of chipsets at Intel Corp., because of a shortage of eight inch...

  • Untitled.  // Electronics Weekly;8/6/2008, p8 

    The article reports on the performance of semiconductor firms in the market. According to the Europe's leading semiconductor market analyst company Future Horizons Ltd., semiconductor market has performing well in 2008. It mentions that the market and unit growth has been recorded up by 4.9 and...

  • Could the IC market be headed back to its traditional 14% CAGR?  // Electronics Weekly;2/3/2010, Issue 2414, p15 

    The article focuses on the speculations concerning the future of integrated circuits (IC) industry of Great Britain. As per Malcolm Penn, chief executive officer (CEO) of Future Horizons Ltd., since semiconductor market in going back to double digit annual growth rates, it is anticipated that IC...

  • Untitled.  // Electronics Weekly;11/24/2010, Issue 2449, p24 

    The article reports on Malcolm Penn, chief executive officer (CEO) of market research firm Future Horizons Ltd., who has said that the semiconductor industry was good at adjusting to the recent down-cycle but appalling at adjusting to the up-cycle. Penn further has said that the estimations that...

  • Q2 revenue grew 16% or more, researchers say. Deffree, Suzanne // Electronic News;7/20/2009, Vol. 55 Issue 28, p1 

    The article reports that the semiconductor industry revenue has increased above the 15% mark in the second quarter (Q2) of 2009, according to market research companies. IC Insights Inc. says that Q2 2009 sales rebounded more than 16% and Future Horizons Ltd. has estimated that Q2 revenue grew...

  • Future Horizons: Semiconductor industry at start of next growth phase. Mutschler, Ann Steffora // Electronic News;1/21/2008, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p5 

    This article focuses on a report from British market research firm Future Horizons, which stated that the semiconductor industry is at the start of the next growth phase. The growth phase started in the first quarter of 2006. Setting the stage for this prediction, the firm reminded that...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of VIRGINIA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY AND SYSTEM

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics