- Symrise Teams Up with Cutech for Microalgae Research. Phillips, Kate // Chemical Week;6/20/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 21, p32
The article highlights the announcement of flavors and fragrances firm Symrise that it will partner with Cutech, a biotechnology firm that researches dysfunctions of skin and hair, to develop cosmetic active ingredients based on micro algae. Symrise says that the new partnership will allow it to...
- Strategic Alignment. // Cosmetics & Toiletries;Aug2007, Vol. 122 Issue 8, p10
The article focuses on issues related to the cosmetics and toiletries industry. It mentions the partnership of Presperse Inc. with Tayca Corp. to market existing TiO2 materials and to work jointly on new technology developments for the sunscreen and overall cosmetic industry. A strategic...
- SCoutech: cutting-edge screening procedures for skin and hair care products. // Happi: Household & Personal Products Industry;Oct2009, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p53
The article profiles Scoutech which provided cutting-edge screening approach to address ethical manufacturing concerns in the cosmetics industry in the U.S. Accordingly, the cooperative works of two companies Symrise AG and Cutech Srl resulted into the development of two-full thickness ex vivo...
- Symrise Launches 2014 Fragrance Genealogies. // Perfumer & Flavorist;Mar2015, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the launch of the 22nd edition of the feminine and masculine fragrance genealogies publication by flavours and fragrances manufacturer Symrise AG through a party held at Doubles at the Sherry Netherland Hotel in Manhattan, New York City.
- Menthol Production Grows Worldwide. // Perfumer & Flavorist;Mar2011, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p11
The article reports on the growth of the production of synthetic menthol worldwide due to the increase of global demand. It notes that Symrise AG constructed a facility in Holzminden, Germany to expand its production capacity. It also cites the plan of BASF SE on the production of menthol for...
- BASF Triples Its Sunscreen Production. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/4/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 23, p6
Reports on the move of BASF HAS to triple the production capacity for its sunscreen ingredient Uvinul MC 80 with the completion of a plant in Ludwigshafen, Germany. Uses of the product; Reason for the increased demand for the sunscreen ingredients.
- C&T magazine and HBA Honor the Science Behind Beauty with the 2008 Technology Awards. // Cosmetics & Toiletries;Dec2008, Vol. 123 Issue 12, p8
The article announces the winners of the International Technology Awards presented by C&T magazine and Health & Beauty America (HBA) in New York. The award for Best New Technology was given to the Pig Skin Organ Culture Model (PSOCM) by Symrise GmbH and Cutech Srl. And the Best New Technology...
- NEWS. // Global Cosmetic Industry;May2012, Vol. 180 Issue 4, p16
The article offers news briefs from cosmetic industries including Symrise AG acquired two companies including Belmay and Trilogy Fragrances Inc., Eurofragance opened a manufacturing plant in Mexico and Allylix Inc. announced development of its Epivone, a terpene for use in fragrance applications.
- Biofilms R&D: Building a Case Against Clever Bacteria. Bryner, Michelle // Chemical Week;5/26/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 16, p41
The article reports on the BASF Advanced Research Institute at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. According to BASF research executive director Andreas Kreimeyer at the Symposium on Biofilms, the goal of the research initiative at Harvard is to explore new ways to fight the...