Dohori Song in the "New Nepal."
- The songs of Tij: A genre of critical commentary for women in Nepal. Skinner, Debra; Holland, Dorothy // Asian Folklore Studies;1994, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p259
Analyzes the production, performance, content of songs featured in the Tij festival in Nepal, and their role in defining gender identities and relations within changing sociohistorical contexts. Women's performance of rituals that reaffirm patrilineal principles; Genre of critical commentary...
- School head in California -- pop star in Nepal. // Independent School;Summer2011, Vol. 70 Issue 4, Special Page p7
The article presents information on Josh Brody, the director of the Sequoyah School in California. Along with being an educator, he also is a pop star in Nepal. He learnt singing Nepali songs during his tours to Nepal for learning Nepali language. Brody uses his experiences of working in Nepal,...
- The singer-song-writer grows up fast on her new album. Cannon, Bob // Performing Songwriter;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 16 Issue 112, p12
The article features singer-songwriter Sonya Kitchell and her new album "This Storm." It says that the sound of Kitchell's album depicts a rapidly developing artist. It states that the songs "Soldier's Lament" and "Borderline" reflect the artist's way of addressing social and political issues....
- TANYA TUCKER. Kirby, Kip // CMA Close Up;Oct/Nov2009, p26
The article features female country singer Tanya Tucker in the U.S. It notes that she teamed up with country singer Pete Anderson under Saguaro Road Records where their partnership worked well especially on their job to arrangement songs. However, Saguaro had a difficult time establishing smooth...
- Little Bit Country. Adcox, Brooke // Oklahoma Today;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p27
A quiz concerning a women singer from Oklahoma is presented.
- Rockin', ragin' & female. Salvato, Jen // Cosmopolitan;Dec96, Vol. 221 Issue 6, p186
Profiles women rock stars. Courtney Love; Alanis Morisette; Liz Phair; Tori Amos; Tracy Bonham; Polly Jean Harvey; Melissa Etheridge; Jewel.
- Private lives of public women: Prima donnas in mid-seventeenth-century Venice. Glixon, Beth L. // Music & Letters;Nov95, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p509
Focuses on the private lives of opera's prima donnas in Venice, Italy, during the mid-17th century. How leading women gained prominence in opera; Social status of female singers; Singers' sponsors.
- In pop music lore, these vintage female vocalists are tops. Carter, Richard G. // New York Amsterdam News;7/23/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 25, p14
A directory for the top female pop vocalists in New York is presented.
- Top Billboard 200 Artists - Female. // Billboard;12/25/2004, Vol. 116/117 Issue 52/1, pYE-21
Presents a list of the top Billboard 200 female music artists in the U.S. as of December 25, 2004.