First and fetid--skunk cabbage
- Cabbage. // Country Living;Oct87, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p127
In addition to the familiar types of cabbage, the cabbage family also includes cauliflower, turnips, kohlrabi and broccoli. How to avoid overcooking; Nutritional benefits; Many recipes.
- Popular cabbage soup diet spreads much misinformation. // Environmental Nutrition;Aug96, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p7
Focuses on the effects of the cabbage soup diet to the body. Dangerous for the sick and healthy people; Causing diarrhea; Eating from certain food groups each day; Promotion of unhealthy weight loss.
- A cure for all ills. Utenkova, Yelena // Russian Life;Feb98, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p40
Presents information pertaining to sauerkraut, or sour cabbage, a food made in Russia. Use of sour cabbage as a cure for some illnesses; Presentation of a sour cabbage recipe.
- Make walking sticks--from cabbage! Calvert, Robert L. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p20
Details procedures for making a cane from cabbage stalks. Origins of the cabbage plant; Botanical name; Cow cabbage; Planting seeds in paper cups; Getting stalks of the proper diameter; Removal of leaves; Adding the tee handle; Aphid infestation.
- The not-so-humble cabbage. Haskell, R.R. // Flower & Garden;Dec89, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p34
Discusses cabbage, historically a peasant food, and includes four cabbage recipes.
- Of Cabbages and Things. Bennett, Bev // Better Homes & Gardens;Oct2001, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p226
Discusses the health benefits of cabbage. Vitamin C content; Compounds in cabbage and other cruciferous vegetables that may prevent cancer; How fiber in cabbage can help lower cholesterol, prevent constipation and reduce hemorrhoids; Cooking tips; Recipe for Rosy Tangerine-Scented Cabbage. ...
- How to Treat the Common Cole. Sokolov, Raymond // Natural History;Feb77, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p22
Focuses on the cabbage and its kin vegetables. Close connection between cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, broccoli and kohlrabi despite apparent dissimilarities; Cultivation of cabbage around the world, except in the tropics; Cookery variations in different countries.
- GLAMOROUS CABBAGE. // Ebony;Jul1953, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p54
The article offers information on cabbage and presents various cabbage recipes from the lands visited by folk singer Josh White.
- Cabbage. Tasoulas, Mary Ann // Restaurant Business;11/01/98, Vol. 97 Issue 21, p75
Describes various varieties of cabbage and their culinary use. Addition as an ingredient; Physical characteristics; Season of harvesting; Tips in selecting cabbage.