- We lay on the ice, overcome with emotion and hard liquor. French, Sean // New Statesman;12/20/96-01/03/97, Vol. 125 Issue 4315, p44
Relates the author's experiences on ice lakes in Sweden. Comparison of Sweden's winter season with that of Great Britain; Difference of ice on Swedish lakes; Ice skating and other activities.
- Winterkill prevention on ponds and lakes. Robinson, Bob // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p54
Presents information on several methods to prevent the formation of ice in ponds and lakes in the U.S.
- Why Does the Ice of Large Lakes Seem to Sing? // Science Illustrated;Feb2012, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p23
The article provides an answer to the question why ice of large lakes seem to sing.
- On Thin Ice. Hansen, Eric // Backpacker;Dec2001, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p104
Offers tips on hiking safely across frozen ponds and lakes.
- CORRECTION. // New Yorker;5/16/2005, Vol. 81 Issue 13, p12
Presents a correction to the article "The Climate of Man--I," by Elizabeth Kolbert published in the April 25, 2005 issue of "New Yorker."
- Cracking up. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;4/1/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 78, p3
A photograph of ice breaking up around small tree trunks on the trail to Scarface Mountain in Ray Brook, New York is presented.
- The Role of Meltwater Advection in the Formulation of Conservative Boundary Conditions at an.... Jenkins, Adrian // Journal of Physical Oceanography;Jan2001, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p285
Examines the role of meltwater advection in the formulation of conservative boundary conditions at an ice-ocean interface. Difference in conditions between ice-ocean interface and underwater; Need for a tracer flux in advecting water with interfacial properties into the ocean interior.
- U.S. Determined to Re-freeze Thaw in Relations With Iran. Wellen, Russ // Foreign Policy in Focus;12/23/2013, p1
The article focuses on the recent activities of the U.S. related to the Geneva deal between the G5+1 (the five permanent UN Security Council members plus Germany) and Iran. It mentions decision of the U.S. to re-freeze thaw in relations with Iran and freezing the assets of companies involved...
- Of Ice and Men. Sandrel, Shirley // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Feb2002, Vol. 26 Issue 162, p24
Looks at the annual tradition of cutting, hauling and storing of lake ice for refrigeration purposes in Ontario. Reasons for practicing the tradition; Secret underlying the maintenance of the ice house; Key factor influencing the quality of the ice. INSET: ICE CAPADES.