Latin America's pharma bearsfruit
- LOOKING UP. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/9/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 1, p21
This article presents news briefs related to the global chemical industry. After a challenging year in 2005, the fine chemicals industry seems to be going for some modest improvements in 2006. However hurdles still exist, particularly for U.S. and European companies, and the industry could see...
- Ties that Bind. // CA Magazine;Jan2003, Vol. 136 Issue 1, p11
Provides information on the evolution of the pharmaceutical industry in Canada. Competition between generic drug firms and brand-name drug firms; Monopoly period for brand-name pharmaceuticals in 1987; Stand of generic manufacturers with regard to patent laws in 1993.
- Generics likely to rise on tide of expiring patents. Frederick, James // Drug Store News;10/8/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p26
Looks at the improving economic outlook for the generic drug industry in the United States. Reasons behind the improving economic outlook; Significance of a loss of patent protection on key drug products for generic makers; Drugs with extended patent protection; Outlook of Doug Long, vice...
- Education and promotion of generics might put the brakes on pharm costs. Nozar, Robert A. // Managed Healthcare Executive;Feb2002, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p36
Assesses the importance of generic drugs for pharmaceutical companies in the U.S. Development of prescription drugs; Success of Generic First program by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan; Use of generic brand of drug for consumers.
- Scorecard puts generics ahead so far this year. Ukens, Carol // Drug Topics;8/21/95 Generics Supplement, Vol. 139 Issue 16, p6S
Reports on the status of the United States generic pharmaceutical industry in 1994. Suggestions of Generic Pharmaceutical Industry Association president Lewis Engman on how to balance the federal medical care budget; Mergers and acquisitions among brand-name pharmaceutical companies; Financial...
- Drugmakers readying for slew of drugs going off patent. Rosendahl, Iris // Drug Topics;8/21/95 Generics Supplement, Vol. 139 Issue 16, p44S
Discusses the implications for the generic drug industry of the patent or exclusivity expiration of over 150 major branded pharmaceutical products between 1995 and 2004. Products whose patents have expired but still have no generic competition; Opportunity for the generic industry to gain...
- Generic leaders offer predictions for 1996. Breau, Joseph // Drug Topics;11/20/95 Generics, Vol. 139 Issue 22, p6S
Presents a forum on the outlook of the generic drug industry in 1996. Effect on pharmacists; Forecasts for growth; Consolidation in the industry.
- Strategic alliances: Less risky than marriage. Glaser, Martha // Drug Topics;11/20/95 Generics, Vol. 139 Issue 22, p8S
Discusses the trend in strategic alliances among companies in the generic drug industry. Advantage of a strategic alliance over a merger; Generic market's potential; Justification for the arrangements.
- How independent generic manufacturers will thrive. Muirhead, Greg // Drug Topics;11/20/95 Generics, Vol. 139 Issue 22, p26S
Discusses the outlook for independent generic drug manufacturers. Number of companies that would remain independent; Alliances in the industry; Strategies for independent companies.