- Petrobras to Acquire Suzano; Eyes Deal with Unipar. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;8/15/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 27, p9
The article announces the acquisition of Suzano PetroquÃmica by Brazil's state-owned oil and petrochemical company Petrobras. Petrobras began exiting the petrochemical business in the early 1990s, but retained a minority stake of about 15% in each of the nation's three major petrochemical...
- Petrochem Powerhouse. Kepp, Michael // Latin Trade (English);Dec2003, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p22
Focuses on the efforts by the Brazil government to create competitors for Braskem, Brazil's largest petrochemical group. Mergers pursued by the government; Role of state oil giant Petrobras in the drive for mergers by the Brazil government; Petrochemical companies which are candidates for...
- Petchem parks in Brazil? Berger, Hellen // ICIS Chemical Business;9/10/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 9, p5
The article reports that Brazil's major petrochemical complexes are integrating towards a more globally competitive model. On August 3, 2007, state-controlled oil company Petroleo Brasileiro SA moved to buy Suzano Petroquimica, saying it was one step closer to the consolidation of Brazil's...
- Petrochemicals Report. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Feb2005, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p6
Presents updates on the petrochemical industry in Brazil as of February 2005. Increase in exports by the chemical and petrochemical industry in 2003; Information on petrochemical company Braskem SA; Acquisition of Perez Companc SA by Petrobras SA in October 2002.
- Petrobras Slowly Makes a Return to Petrochemicals. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;5/12/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 16, p17
Focuses on the return of Petrobras, a state oil firm of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil to the petrochemical industry in Latin America through investments in petrochemicals in 2004. Acquisition of Imperial Chemical Industries' polyethylene plant at San Lorenzo, Argentina by Petroquisa; Reevaluation of...
- Petrobras Contemplates Petrochemicals Reentry. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;9/22/99, Vol. 161 Issue 35, p20
Reports that Brazilian state oil company Petrobras will propose a revamped business plan that local executives expect will include a reentry into petrochemicals. Remarks from local observers regarding the move; Executives' expectation on Petrobras' petrochemical division, Petroquisa.
- Petrobras revives plans for Rio petrochemical complex. Salles, Flavio; Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;3/22/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 11, p24
Reports on Brazilian state-owned oil company Petrobras' revival of plans for the fourth petrochemical complex in Brazil. Scheduled completion of feasibility studies for a major project near Rio de Janeiro; Required investment for the complex; Brazilian government's planned privatization of the...
- Unipar/Petrobras discuss partnership. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;4/28/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2050, p29
Reports that Brazilian chemical companies Unipar and Petrobras have begun talks towards a possible alliance in SÃ£o Paulo in 2003. Purpose of the alliance; Production plans of Unipar's subsidiary Polietilenos Uniao.
- Petrobras Purchases Devon Energy's Argentine Unit. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Sep2002, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p7
Reports on the acquisition of the Argentine unit of Devon Energy by Petrobras. Estimated value of the acquisition; Benefits of the acquisition on Petrobras.