Getting started rod building
- Payne Rods reborn. // Fly Fisherman;Jul99, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p31
Focuses on E.F. Payne Rod Company, maker of high-quality rods in Oregon. History of the company; Creation of the original Payne bamboo rods by Dave Holloman, an expert rodmaker; Other products manufactured by the company.
- Hot rods. Gibbs, Jerry // Outdoor Life;Apr96, Vol. 197 Issue 4, p79
Presents several fishing rods from various manufacturers. Sage 690-4 RPL+; Redington SSF 8092; Loomis FR1205; Features; Price range.
- Blank check. Gerlach, Rex // Outdoor Life;Apr97, Vol. 199 Issue 4, p81
Features some of the developments in casting rod technology. Fenwick's HCG rod; Daiwa Long Cast Linear Interline rod; GLX baitcasting and spinning rods.
- Fishing rod storage. Sparano, Vin T. // Outdoor Life;Dec97/Jan98, Vol. 200 Issue 5/6, p102
Presents the use of a rack for protecting and storing fishing rods. Materials needed for the rack; Tips for assembling the rack; Fittings of the rod butt.
- The outsiders. Meyers, Steven J. // Field & Stream;Mar1994, Vol. 98 Issue 11, p76
Presents methods for transporting fishing rods on automobiles without having to disassemble them. Use ski racks; Tucking of rods under windshield wipers.
- F&S tips for kids. McCafferty, Keith // Field & Stream;May96, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p30
Offers suggestions for using an open-face spinning reel fishing rod. Hand and finger positions; Casting and lifting the bail.
- Spinning rods. McNally, Bob // Fishing World;Feb96, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p18
Features spinning rods from various vendors. Includes the Royal Niclad VII rods; T80X graphite series; Select Pulse Rods; Heartland Series; CrossWing Series; LowRider; IronHawk; Ahab graphite/fiberglass spinning rods.
- Fly rods. Gerlach, Rex // Fishing World;Feb96, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p56
Features fly fishing rods from various vendors. Includes the Standard Series models from All-Star; Berkley Advanta line of graphite fly rods; CR fly rods from Cortland; Cahill Series of graphite rods from Crystal River; Garrison Formula Graphite Rods from Denali Group.
- Stick ups. Lindsey, Bill; Craig, Jeanne // Boating;Jan1997, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p90
Focuses on the Pro-Flex Pro-Clamp II rod stowage system. Features; Price; Contact information.
- Rod trends. Sosin, Mark // Salt Water Sportsman;Sep96, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p18
Discusses the advantages of using to E-glass for certain fishing rods. Comparison of E-glass to graphite in weight and performance; Durability; Return of older style rod tapers.