- Experts urge caution over price volatility. Glotz, Julia // Grocer;5/16/2015, Vol. 238 Issue 8205, p16
The article focuses on the warning issued by economists Friederike Greb and Adam Prakash in a FAO Food Outlook report over predicting the stability of agricultural commodity prices, which they also found to have been less volatile since 2012.
- 4. MARKETING OF FARM PRODUCTS. Revzan, David A. // Journal of Marketing;Oct53, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p181
Two abstracts are presented for articles pertaining to the marketing of Farm Products. The first is "The Mixed-Feeds Industry." The second is "Prepackaged Produce: A New Challenge to Many Businesses."
- Top Trends for 2008. // Prepared Foods;Jan2008, Vol. 177 Issue 1, p153
The article focuses on the trends in consumer-packaged goods for 2008 according to Datamonitor's Productscan Online. It notes that probiotics are seeing launches in the cheese and chocolate categories. It predicts the growth of organic foods and beverages for children. It expects a range of...
- Re-engineering home cooking. Young, Barbara // National Provisioner;Nov2006, Vol. 220 Issue 11, p6
The article focuses on the growth of meal assembly industry in the U.S. The author states that ready-to-cook foods are prevailing, and are preferred by most consumers because they are easy to cook and are affordable. It was reported that meal assembly is an emerging industry in which an...
- Redefining deli. Schultz, Martin // National Provisioner;Nov2006, Vol. 220 Issue 11, p16
The article reports on the developments of the delicatessens industry in the U.S. The deli industry had undergone through several internal and external changes which include delivering the product to exact specification, enhancing the packaging of pre-sliced meats and cheeses and reducing...
- Meal Ticket. Strailey, Jennifer // Progressive Grocer;Jul2012, Vol. 91 Issue 7, p93
The article focuses on fresh produce, considered as one of the hottest trends in today's supermarket foodservice. Supermarkets such as Dorothy Lane Market are reportedly selling to their clients' senses with the sights, smells, tastes and textures of vibrant dishes that underscore a worldwide...
- Expect those price swings to continue. Suderman, Arlan // Ohio Farmer;Jan2011, Vol. 307 Issue 1, p78
The article presents a market outlook for agricultural products in the U.S. for 2011 which states that large price swings will continue while global demand will remain strong.
- DATAMONITOR VIEW. // MarketWatch: Food;Dec2011, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p1
The article offers information on the report which provides data on the food industry including industry update, headlines and product reviews.
- FIVE WAYS TO EAT KENTUCKY. Fritschner, Sarah // Louisville Magazine;Jul2008, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p18
The article offers information on various food products which are available at different farms in Kentucky. It is stated that Weisenberger Mills in Scott County, Kentucky, grind Kentucky-grown corn into yellow and white grits that doubles beautifully for polenta in any Italian recipe. It is...