TITLE

Exorcising Stress

AUTHOR(S)
Schilling, Becky
PUB. DATE
December 2007
SOURCE
FoodService Director;12/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p36
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
The article features various executives who resort to physical activities to relieve stress. Gail Johnson, a school assistant superintendent, goes to her fitness club for water aerobics. Meredith Statler, a food service director, relieves stress by teaching aerobics classes. Jeff Rosen, a quality assurance chef, works out in a gym five times a week.
ACCESSION #
28005831

 

Related Articles

  • Health and Wellness. Bondurant, Lisa // TortSource;Summer2015, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p1 

    An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses various reports within the issue on the theme of health and wellness, including the effects of the False Self Syndrome, lawyers and depression, and managing the stresses of law practice with exercise and fitness.

  • NEWS FROM.  // Occupational Health;Jul2004, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p4 

    Presents news briefs related to public health in Great Britain as of July 2004. Fitness campaign launched by the Metropolitan Police; Effect of obesity epidemic on employers; Standards released by the British Health and Safety Executive regarding stress management.

  • Youth's Perception of Spa for Health and Wellness -- A Case Study. Tharakan, Y. G. // International Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Systems;2011, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p47 

    Wellness is viewed as a way of life including such holistic aspects as physical fitness, nutrition, refreshing mental activity and beauty care. The main focus is to create a healthy body, mind and soul. The present day youth go to spas for fitness, stress management, peace of mind, pampering and...

  • Fit and stress-free. Sheltoin, Linda // Natural Health;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p92 

    This article presents various workout suggestions to remain fit and stress-free. When working, traveling, planning, organizing, shopping, wrapping, delivering, decorating, cooking, cleaning, socializing, entertaining, caretaking, and braving bad weather and worse traffic can drain away all your...

  • Micro and Mini Breaks in Sedentary Work: Implications for a Practical Approach to Management... Waikar, Avinash // International Journal of Management;Jun99, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p258 

    Focuses on a study which examined exercises available for the reduction of physical stress in sedentary work. Review of the physical exercise programs; Exercises for micro and mini breaks; Implications for management of physical stress.

  • PROMOTING CRITICAL THINKING IN A SPIRITUAL WORLD.  // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);4/16/2004, Issue 227, p1 

    This article focuses on the concept of wellness in the United States. Whether the topic is fitness, nutrition, stress management or any other skill areas under the physical, mental and meaning/purpose wellness dimensions, irrational superstitions seem to be the mental drug of choice for most...

  • VOICES. Cook, Rosemary // Nursing Standard;11/5/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p26 

    The article reports on the findings if the survey conducted by the Queen's Nursing Institute (QNI) in Great Britain. The survey found out that 8 percent of the surveyed nurses were always stressed at work, while the other 92 percent were sometimes stressed. The survey also found out that nurses...

  • 7 ways to get a little bit healthier. Dreisbach, Shaun // Glamour;Sep2006, Vol. 104 Issue 9, p199 

    The article provides health tips that do not involve diet or exercise. One is to make weekend plans. Anticipating a good time can help the heart function well. Science shows that getting outdoors, even just to sit on a bench and watch nature, lowers stress and health problems. In addition, one...

  • Physical activities to help manage stress. Thompson, Scott // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/24/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 17, pS5 

    The article presents information on certain physical activities which may help to manage stress. After getting up in the morning, one should conduct deep breathing exercises as they can reduce stress and, when practiced regularly, may also help prevent it. Yoga has been also found to be very...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of VIRGINIA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY AND SYSTEM

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics