Taking the Edge Off Stress
- Greening of a High School. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;7/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p52
An interview with Becky Domokos-Bays, director of school foodservice for the Alexandria City Public Schools in Virginia, is presented. She talks about environmental conservation to be implemented at a new cafeteria at T.C. Williams High School. The school is expected to earn an LEED (Leadership...
- Fighting the Uphill Battle. SACKIN, BARRY // Food Management;Jun2013, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p14
The article focuses on school meals wastage and cost concerns in reference to the studies of nutrition director of Alexandria City Public Schools (ACPS), Virginia, U.S. Becky Domokos-Bays. It states that ACPS are struggling to balance the need to satisfy regulators and customers in a way that...
- Choose a More Relaxed Life. // Body Bulletin;Oct2002, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p2
Provides suggestions on stress management.
- Why am I stressed? // Current Health 2;Mar1999, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p2
Lists the risk factors for stress. Family problems; Peer pressure; Self-esteem; Grades; Fear of violence; Too many activities; Tips on how to lessen stress.
- STRESS Busters! Rowh, Mark // Current Health 2;Sep2005, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p26
Provides information on the nature of stress and the different strategies for stress management.
- Slowing the Hectic Pace of Life. Davidson, Jeff // National Public Accountant;Jul99, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p38
Discusses the implication of physical, emotional and psychological stress. Importance of managing stress; Factors which led to experiencing stress; Impact of breakthroughs in man's ability to function; Information on a Gallop Poll survey on stress.
- Ask a Girl. // New Moon;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p10
No abstract available.
- stress-free zone. Goldwert, Lindsay // Redbook;Nov2003, Vol. 201 Issue 5, p195
Provides information on stress and stress management.
- Surviving stress. Bolen, Diana; Unland, James // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;10/20/94, Vol. 68 Issue 20, p100
Provides tips on how to survive stress. Effect of stress on physicians and hospital executives; Areas of interaction that cause stress; Behaviors that result as an effect of stress; General advice for people undergoing stress; Importance of recognizing the commonality of goals.