- Dora Rivas M.S., R.D., L.D. Lefebvre, Joanna // Food Management;May2005, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p56
Profiles Dora Rivas, the newly appointed director at Dallas Independent School District in Dallas, Texas. Contributions made in the providing school food-service programs; Involvement in the introduction of a new technology to improve production and service productivity and training...
- COMPLETE WITH CHECKS AND BALANCES: Mesa USD computerizes inventory in central facility. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p42
Reports on the computer system at the Mesa Unified School District in Arizona for managing food inventories. Comments from Jill Benza, director of food and nutrition and auxiliary services, about the system; Benefits provided by the system; Estimated amount spent on the system project.
- The legacy continues in Texas school meals. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;4/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p24
Cites the contributions of Dora Rivas as the foodservice director at Brownsville Independent School District (BISD) in Texas, to the U.S. foodservice industry at the local, state and national levels. Award received by BISD and Rivas for piloting the Breakfast in a Bag Program; Number of...
- Brevard Cty. schools now charging food purchases. // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the purchasing card program implemented by the food service department of Brevard City Schools in Florida. Function of the card program; Effect of the card program on the cafeteria managers; How the vendors of the student district responded to the card program.
- Charlotte joins Winner's Circle. // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the move of the Charlotte-Mecklenberg School District to join the North Carolina Winner's Circle healthy dining program of the North Carolina Prevention Partners organization in 2004. Details of the foodservice initiative of the school district; Aim of the healthy dining program;...
- Hot Potato in the School Cafeteria. Beem, Kate // School Administrator;Sep2004, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p34
Discusses the increasing number of school districts in the U.S. that are using the services of food service contract management companies. Reason behind the trend; Estimated number of food service management companies that operate in schools in the U.S. in 2000; Factors that affect the...
- Breakfast in class takes off. // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the in-class breakfast program using pre-made products tested by the Brevard County School District in Florida at the Madison Middle School in July 2004. Percentage increase in the breakfast participation in the district during the pilot of the program; Items that composed the...
- UNANNOUNCED CHECK-UPS: Florida school district audits cafeterias. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the implementation of a Five Star Quality and Performance Review by the Brevard County School District in Florida its school cafeterias. Explanation from Dawn Houser, food service director of the district; Scope of the review; What made the program successful; Benefits of the program.
- community. // FoodService Director;2/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p26
The article offers information on the annual Veteran's Day celebration at the East Side Elementary School in Greater Johnstown, Pennsylvania. The most recent event has garnered state-wide television and press coverage with more than 400 veterans from the county, along with various local...