- New and Noteworthy. Nerenberg, Kate // Washingtonian Magazine;Oct2009, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p118
A review is offered for several restaurants in Washington, D.C., including Eola, Pica Taco, and Scio.
- Caring for cheeses: storage and handling. // Restaurant Business;Nov2008, Vol. 107 Issue 11, p42
The author reflects on the proper handling of cheese. He argues that cheese is a living food with active biological attributes, and it is critical to maintain the highest standards in sanitation. He implies that it is important to either use utensils or wear food service gloves to prevent...
- Survey of patients pans hospital food. Thomas, Daniel // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/19/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4447, p23
This article states that the British Government is facing renewed calls to overhaul hospital food after a major study revealed widespread dissatisfaction with the standard of catering. The Food Watch survey of more than 2,200 patients, by Patient and Public Involvement Forums, revealed that more...
- The critic and the contract caterers. Lewis, Mark // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/19/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4447, p38
This article comments on the articile by food critic Jay Rayner on the state of staff catering in Great Britain based on his investigation at three sites in London and Reading. He highlights the connection that the more enlightened hospitality outfits are able to make between a happy and...
- Ask CESA. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/17/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4523, p54
The article presents questions and answers related to catering and the food service industry including how to keep the food hot and fresh for customers, suggested system for maintaining temperature and advice on service counter installation.
- BAD WEEK. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;7/17/2009, Vol. 199 Issue 4586, p16
The article offers news briefs related to food service and the hospitality industry. In the U.S. a factory worker died after falling into a vat of melted chocolate. According to a market research, pork defies downturn in red meat sales as it becomes seen as a cheap and good-quality meat. Former...
- Your choice of opportunities. Mullen, Rosalind // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/14/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4627, p52
The article offers information on the contract catering of hospitality industry in Great Britain. It notes the sectors commonly served by contract catering such as race courses, museums, schools and universities. It highlights the companies that have catered various establishments in the country...
- 21 reasons to be glad you work in foodservice. Sullivan, Jim // Nation's Restaurant News;12/11/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 50, p20
The article presents a list of 21 reasons why people should be glad with the foodservice industry. Among others, these reasons include because people have to eat to live, because the industry is the steward of the special moments of people's lives, and because the existence of this industry...
- The Needle. Kliman, Todd; Limpert, Ann; Rapuano, Rina; Nerenberg, Kate // Washingtonian Magazine;Oct2009, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p121
A review is offered for several restaurants in Washington, D.C., including Willow, 1789, and China Jade.