- New and Noteworthy. Nerenberg, Kate // Washingtonian Magazine;Oct2009, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p118
A review is offered for several restaurants in Washington, D.C., including Eola, Pica Taco, and Scio.
- The Needle. Kliman, Todd; Limpert, Ann; Rapuano, Rina; Nerenberg, Kate // Washingtonian Magazine;Oct2009, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p121
A review is offered for several restaurants in Washington, D.C., including Willow, 1789, and China Jade.
- Caring for cheeses: storage and handling. // Restaurant Business;Nov2008, Vol. 107 Issue 11, p42
The author reflects on the proper handling of cheese. He argues that cheese is a living food with active biological attributes, and it is critical to maintain the highest standards in sanitation. He implies that it is important to either use utensils or wear food service gloves to prevent...
- Chef de Display. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;2/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p48
Focuses on the use of display cooking stations in food service. Contribution of display cooking stations to the business; Characteristics of a cook suited for display cooking stations; Features of display cooking stations.
- Survey of patients pans hospital food. Thomas, Daniel // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/19/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4447, p23
This article states that the British Government is facing renewed calls to overhaul hospital food after a major study revealed widespread dissatisfaction with the standard of catering. The Food Watch survey of more than 2,200 patients, by Patient and Public Involvement Forums, revealed that more...
- The critic and the contract caterers. Lewis, Mark // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/19/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4447, p38
This article comments on the articile by food critic Jay Rayner on the state of staff catering in Great Britain based on his investigation at three sites in London and Reading. He highlights the connection that the more enlightened hospitality outfits are able to make between a happy and...
- Trailer Access Is The Last Frontier. Williams, Mike // Food Logistics;3/15/2006, Issue 84, p32
The article focuses on the importance of trailer access to food service companies. Trailer access, the ability to get products into and out of the trailer without damage, quickly and safely, may be the last unexploited frontier in achieving scale savings from existing truck and trailer assets.
- Ask CESA. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/17/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4523, p54
The article presents questions and answers related to catering and the food service industry including how to keep the food hot and fresh for customers, suggested system for maintaining temperature and advice on service counter installation.
- Best Bites. Kliman, Todd; Head, Thomas; Hacinli, Cynthia; Limpert, Ann // Washingtonian Magazine;Feb2006, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p132
The article presents information on the services and menus offered by several restaurants in Washington, D.C. It evaluates the quality of services of restaurants. A list of restaurants and the number of minutes a waitstaff will refold a crumpled napkin after a diner leaves is also presented.