Sourcing in the U.S.A
- A new Rx for hospital menus. // Crain's Chicago Business;5/31/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 22, p18
This article presents an interview with the Swedish Covenant Hospital manager of the patient food service and cafeteria, Maria Simmons. Simmons states that she became aware of the artificial hormones and antibiotics in the animals produce and that grass fed animals produce healthier food. When...
- KANSAS PROMOTES HEALTHIER HOSPITALS. // FoodService Director;9/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the move of American nonprofit Kansas Hospital Education and Research Foundation which was able to convince 51 hospital members of trade body Kansas Hospital Foundation to offer healthier food programs by examining their food and beverage services.
- UNC Expands Restaurant Delivery to New Hospital. // FoodService Director;4/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on the expansion of the Restaurant Delivery program of UNC Healthcare, a major non-profit medical system of North Carolina, at High Point Regional Hospital in High Point in February 2014 that allows patients to order meals from the hospital's retail outlets.
- Regional favorites win sales. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p128
Presents information on some of the most popular meats which are chosen to prepare breakfasts in the United States, highlighting the breakfasts prepared at the Providence Health Center, Waco, Texas. Reference to the burritos which are made at the facility; Costs of the burritos; Information on...
- IN LONG BEACH, CA: Hospital dishes lighten up for summertime. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the changes in the Seaside Cafe menu at Long Beach Memorial Hospital in California to capitalize on customers who want lighter cold dishes and thirst-quenching beverages. Bottled beverages offered at the Cafe; Percentage of increase in beverage sales.
- Hospitals feeding patients healthier meals. // AHA News;04/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p5
Reveals that hospitals in the United States are offering healthier meals based on a survey by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- Hospitals should know better. Liebman, Bonnie // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Mar97, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p6
Presents the nutritional content of the meals served in hospitals. Caloric content; Average amount of cholesterol; Average amount of fiber.
- Adding local favorites to the nonselect menu makes for pleasant patient stays. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/15/96, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the implementation of the nonselect menu for patients in the Baptist Health Systems, Little Rock, Arkansas. Advantages of the system; Method use to satisfy the patients in foodservice; Response of the patients to the system.
- Foodservice at Boston hospitals gets top bill of health from magazine. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/25/96, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p23
Reports on the recognition of hospital foodservice in Boston, Massachusetts by `Boston' periodical. Provision of same menu for patients, staff and visitors at the self-operated foodservice at Brigham and Women's Hospital's Center for Women and Newborns; Room service as the rule at the...