Small CafÃ©, Big Results
- Design students growing at Steelcase University. Blake, Laura // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/17/95, Vol. 13 Issue 29, pB-5
Reports on the summer program of Steelcase University which provides opportunities for top design students to work in design firms. Goals of the program; Description of the four-week session; Program requirements for student candidates; Design for a mock client's specifications for an interior...
- School is in session at Steelcase University. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;06/28/99, Vol. 17 Issue 26, pB4
Focuses on the collegiate summer program on furniture design offered by Steelcase University in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Participants; Program presenters; Details of the university's scholarship grants; Enrollment requirements.
- Supply Chain Success Will Require Business Integration. Schoonmaker, Daniel // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/3/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p6
Highlights the inaugural Midwest Regional Supply Chain Management Conference and Exposition at Steelcase University in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Keynote speaker which opened the conference with a description of how the practice of supply chain management is quickly moving toward an integrated...
- MARY KRAMER: Innovation always has a seat at the table. Kramer, Mary // Crain's Detroit Business;4/5/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p9
This article focuses on the Steelcase University, a huge facility next to the Grand Rapids, Michigan, area headquarters of Steelcase Inc., the office furniture-maker. The building is a billboard for Steelcase design, with walkup computer stations, playful sculptures and huge expanses of natural...
- IN LONG BEACH, CA: Hospital dishes lighten up for summertime. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the changes in the Seaside Cafe menu at Long Beach Memorial Hospital in California to capitalize on customers who want lighter cold dishes and thirst-quenching beverages. Bottled beverages offered at the Cafe; Percentage of increase in beverage sales.
- THE GOURMET GAME. Bryant, Katherine // Restaurant Business;7/15/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 14, p85
Looks at how food service operators in the United States are enhancing their coffee programs to compete with coffee chains. Report by the National Coffee Association showing an increase in the number of new daily drinkers in the gourmet category in 2001; Number of gourmet coffee consumers;...
- WAITING ON YOU. // Echo Magazine;5/6/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p61
Evaluates several restaurants in Phoenix, Arizona. AZ 88 restaurant and bar at Scottsdale Mall; Barbecue Company's Grill & Cafe; Landmark Restaurant; Pookie's Cafe.
- Taste of Mobile: Good Eats Galore. Mink, Randy // TravelAmerica;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p40
Recommends several restaurants on Alabama's Gulf Coast. Wintzell's Oyster House; Three Georges Southern Chocolates; Royal Street Cafe; Zea Rotisserie & Grill.
- PLAY IT COOL WITH THE KIDDIES. Lau, Michelle // Sunset;Jun2007, Vol. 218 Issue 6, p63
The article features the Tumble and Tea Cafe in Oakland, California. The cafe has an indoor play space for children. It serves lemonade, tomato salad, PB&J and Goldfish crackers. Several recreational areas for children include a castle and a mini-jungle gym. Sundays at the cafe feature Breakfast...