STEAL THIS IDEA
- Chuck Aldridge. // Food Management;May2014, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p48
The article offers a brief profile of Chuck Aldridge, president of National Association of Collegiate Concessionaires (NACC). It highlights NACC projects that Aldridge focuses on, including increasing vendor opportunities, finalizing plans for the 2014 conference, and planning the 2015...
- Tufts Take-Away To Die For. King, Paul // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p54
This article focuses on the to-go program of Tufts University. This program is part of the university's Dining Services program. At Tufts University, the idea of take-away has almost become an art form, since the opening of Hodgdon Good-To-Go in 2007. Located in 53-year-old Hodgdon Hall,...
- Free Advice is Yours to Take. Pond, James // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p16
The author reflects on the importance of sharing ideas on how to improve food service in order to provide customers with a better dining experience. Commercial operators and hospital food service differ in terms of facilitating interaction between unit managers. He emphasizes the significance of...
- PEOPLE/STEAL THIS IDEA. // FoodService Director;9/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p22
This section presents ideas on food service management from food service experts and executives. Brian Hoos, executive chef at New York Institute of Technology, cited how setting a kiosk boost their sales. Celia Krazit, director of Nutrition Services at Porkland Health and Hospital System,...
- Labor: Costs up 7.5% as fsds strive to retain staff. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p62
Looks at the performance of self-operating foodservice in colleges in the United States as of 1999. Labor costs; How colleges address the problem of labor shortage; Student employees employed by the University of Connecticut in Storrs; Incentive programs; Wage.
- Culinary clubs sprout up on campuses. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Dec98, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p23
Focuses on culinary clubs in the United States wherein campus foodservice departments are partnering with students to explore food-related issues. Information on an international culinary club at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana; Benefits that students can gain from the clubs; Details...
- Healthy Meals on the Run. // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p34
The article offers information about the Uncommon retail outlet put up by Yale University Dining Services, which won the Best Convenience Retail Concept award.
- Ivy League 'meal plans' are a hideous waste of food and money. Wilson, Bee // New Statesman;8/12/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4600, p40
Comments on the food service and meal plans at U.S. colleges and universities. Cost of enrollment at an Ivy League university; Costs of college meals; Aim for implementing the meal plans; Wastage of food and money resulting from implementation of meal plans.
- IN COLLEGES: Campus execs. lead in tenure. // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p52
Deals with the economic prospects of the college food service segment in the U.S.. Compensation bracket of the segment; Dropout rates of its employees; Challenges facing college food service directors; Customer enhancements in college food service.