Staging a Promotion
- The word on the street. Waller, Dave // Management Today;Aug2008, p74
The article focuses on the marketing strategy used by Michael Buck, head of the promotions company Alivestock. It highlights the experience of the author on working with Buck in handing out flyers to try a golf simulators of his employer City Golf. The author highlights the advice given by Buck...
- Keep Ambiance in Mind. // FoodService Director;6/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p61
The article presents the views of Andrew Lough, marketing manager at the University of Missouri in Columbia, on the importance of maintaining the location's ambiance while using point of sale (POS) marketing strategy in promoting products. Lough describes a variety of POS marketing strategies...
- Convergent Branding. Cowen, Edward // Pharmaceutical Executive;Jun2011, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p108
The author reflects on the advantage of convergent branding that allows marketers to determine the full potential of their promotional expenses.
- Cook agents hand out flyers to rail commuters. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;8/25/2006, Issue 2731, p3
The article reports the distribution of flyers by Thomas Cook agency to the rail commuters at rush hours to boost its business. The sales head of Thomas Cook stated that it was a success and intends to encourage innovative ideas to capture local market. It is observed that Handing out flyers...
- From shoppers to buyers. Edge, Lynda // Marketing (00253650);4/30/2009 Supplement, p13
The article provides information on the Red Letter Days for buyers in Great Britain. It discusses the benefits of this once-in-a-lifetime experiential gifts for shoppers and retailers, particularly during Christmas. This voucher contributes an increase in sales when many other brands were...
- Show business slump makes it easier to add 'name value' to marketing campaigns. // Marketing News;8/21/1981, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p4
Deals with the use of name value in the marketing campaigns of U.S. business enterprises in August 1981. Benefits of business enterprises from the entertainment industry in the country; Importance of celebrity endorsements to sales promotion; Factors to consider in developing agreements with...
- Super Duper Bowl. Johannes, Amy // Promo;Jan2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p40
The article discusses several football-related marketing strategies used among companies in the U.S. Many companies have taken the season-long promotions. Visa, for instance, with its National Football League (NFL) sponsorship, and FedEx which is conducting a season-long NFL Players of the Year...
- The Dark Side of Ingenuity. Lewis, Herschell Gordon // Direct;6/1/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p46
Comments on marketing strategy. Observation on marketers' sense of salesmanship; View on sellout; Opinion on the mailing sent by United American Insurance Co.
- Bang, Your Dead! Medcalf, Graham // NZ Marketing Magazine;May2005, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p24
Examines the risks associated with ambush marketing. Difference between ambush and guerilla marketing; Strategies being used by ambush marketers; Ways to protect the investment.