Live Well and Prosper
- Prioritizing Healthy. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;2/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p22
This article reveals that the nutrition therapy department at Gundersen Lutheran Health System in La Crosse, Wisconsin has decided to address the obesity issue by developing the 500 Club which is a program aimed at helping people make healthy food choices. The 500 Club is made up of members,...
- QUICK HITS. // B to B;9/9/2002, Vol. 87 Issue 9, p6
Reports developments in marketing industry in the U.S. as of September 9, 2002. Use of intranets and electronic newsletters; E-mail response rates achieved by business-to-business; Implementation of Open AdStream of Marketwatch.com Inc.; Promotion of electronic data exchange of Chemical...
- ITI announces new Intranet newsletter. // Computers in Libraries;Jun98, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p10
Mentions IntraNet Professional, the publication from Information Today, Inc. (ITI), created for libraries and research centers that need to plan for, design, and implement intranet technologies and knowledge management practices. Details about the newsletter; Price; Company contact information.
- Fruit Salad Twists. // FoodService Director;8/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p67
The article looks at efforts by Aatul Jain, executive chef at Saint Clare's Health System in New Jersey, to modernize and incorporate more healthful items into the hospital menu.
- Paperless Payoff. Ladika, Susan // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Oct2000, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p20
Focuses on Careforce Connection, the intranet site of Children's Healthcare of Atlanta which gives information on the managed care plans of a hospital. Objective of the site; How the health care created the site; Features of the site; Importance of the site to hospital management.
- Crystal-clear communication. SHUTAN, BRUCE; STOLZ, RICHARD // Employee Benefit News;Sep2010, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p16
The article offers information on the success of the i-comm award winner companies. The i-comm Awards are given by the periodical "Employee Benefit News," for the internal communication campaign of the companies. US Foodservice Inc. received award 2010 i-comm Award for its best print and...
- For Better or for Worse: Employee Engagement, Recession-Style. // PR News;7/13/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 27, p1
The article provides guidelines for human resources personnel on how to connect with employees in times of economic crisis. Among the suggestions presented are having a balanced approach between the employees and business processes, leaders should be the one communicating major changes in a...
- Communicating the brand. // Recruiter;9/15/2010, p20
The article discusses how Headlines settle the human resource (HR) problems of AkzoNobel Paints LLC when the company bought ICI. It states that their main problem is the integration of its HR division in all levels and employee branding. It notes that Headlines solve their dilemma by designing...
- Easy E-Marketing. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;7/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p40
This article reports on the marketing opportunities presented by technological devices, such as cell phones and iPhones, to U.S. foodservice operations. Dexter Hancock of DCH Regional Medical Center uses a weekly e-newsletter to reach employees across the health system's four hospitals. UCSF...