KU Dining debuts organic "mini-concept."
- Food branding on campus: More branded carts & stations. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;3/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p10s
Reports on campus food service operators' use of manufacturer brand names. Effectiveness of self-service; Grinnell College's use of Weight Watchers frozen entrees; Stone Willy's Pizza operation at the University of Massachusetts; Pillsbury Sweet Cookies at the University of Notre Dame; Lean...
- Head of the class. // Nation's Restaurant News;09/06/99 Supplement, Vol. 33 Issue 36, Brands in foodservice. p5
Discusses the popularity of manufacturer brands in college and university foodservice in the United States. Low-cost alternative to commercial franchises; Keeping student food dollars on campus; Results of survey of foodservice operators; Reasons for opting for manufacturer-type brands.
- AND TESTING DELIVERY: Campuses expand brands with Villa Pizza serveries. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p5
Reports on three universities in the United States which have opened Villa Pizza units in the brand's first entry into campus food service. Princeton University in New Jersey; Carmichael Towers in Vanderbilt, Pennsylvania.
- MENU BRANDING IN COLLEGES: A vital tool for success. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p64
Reports on the importance of menu branding in the college-university segment of foodservice. Search of customers for quality; Cost-effectiveness; Implications to the reputation of the university.
- Do brands still sizzle? // Nation's Restaurant News;07/13/98, Vol. 32 Issue 28, OnSite p82
Focuses on the popularity of branded food concepts in college campuses in the United States. Popularity of branded concepts compared to branded foods; Factors affecting the popularity of branded concepts in colleges; Disadvantages of offering branded foods for food service operators in colleges.
- In Wake of QSRs: Campus operators explore brand alternatives, choices. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p16
Reports that branding is increasing among college and university food service operators in the United States. Branded concepts using lessons learned from quick-service restaurants on campus in the 1980s and 1990s; Examples of branded programs at some universities.
- Branding on Campus: Working out the `right mix.'. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p80
Provides information on branding concepts on college food service in the United States. In-house branding; Complaints of students about the prices of non-branded foods; Key to the success of branded concepts; Examples of brands at some colleges. INSET: Daily Sales Tip $5,000: Univ. of...
- From Kansas to Nepal. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;5/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p42
The article deals with the introduction of Asian flavors to the dishes being served at University of Kansas in Lawrence. It describes the foods of Nepal prepared by Janna Traver, the assistant director and executive chef at the university. Traver shares the importance of combining the exotic...
- Getting Busy. Pond, James // FoodService Director;5/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p24
Comments on changes in campus foodservice in the U.S., as of May 2005. Use of branding in attracting customers; Impact of changes in campus housing on foodservice needs; Effect of technology on the habits of students.