Vended Meals Make The Grade
- SNA Sees Healthy Boost. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;10/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p38
The article presents the results of the School Nutrition Association's Back-to-School Trends Survey in the U.S. It has found that more than 71% of school districts have made notable efforts during the past two years to offer healthful meal choices through the National School Lunch Program....
- MT. LEBANON, PA: School district meal variety widens. // FoodService Director;6/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the increase in lunch participation in two middle schools and a la carte sales in a high school at the Mt. Lebanon, Pennsylvania School District as of June 2002. Reason for the increase; Effect of the increases on the total food-service budget; Features of the school's lunch items.
- IN WEST SALEM, OREGON: CARTS OPEN AT NEW SCHOOL. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the participation of students in the food service programs offered at the West Salem High School in Salem, Oregon as of December 15, 2002. Percentage of students who participate in the National School Lunch Program; Food brand offered at the school food courts; Meals offered at the...
- What's for Lunch? Schools Adding Healthier Menu Items. Coles, Adrienne D. // Education Week;06/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 41, p10
Reports on the programs of the United States (U.S.) schools to include healthier items on their canteen menus. How the U.S. Department of Agriculture has promoted more nutritious school lunches; Food program in California; Study on the eating habits of high school students.
- Soda sales OK in Denver schools. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the decision of the Denver School District in Colorado to allow the sale of sodas during lunchtime with dedicated vending machines located just outside the lunchrooms. Provisions of Denver's competitive foods rule; Negotiation of a split-profits arrangement with machine operators.
- Aging School Kitchens Undermine Healthy Meal Preparation. Rosales, John // NEA Today;Spring2014, p2
The article reports that many schools in the U.S. are needing money to purchase the right kitchen equipment in order to efficiently prepare and serve healthy foods to students, according to the Kids' Safe and Healthful Foods Project (KSHFP). Topics discussed include the need for schools to...
- Designing a New Approach to School Lunch. Dawson, Gloria // Food Management Exclusive Insight;4/14/2015, p1
The article discusses the collaboration between the San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) in California and design firm IDEO for the development of an approach to SFUSD's school lunch program. Topics mentioned include the grant received by the school from Sara and Evan Williams...
- Bad Times Spawn Good Eating Habits. Miners, Zach // District Administration;Mar2009, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p10
The article discusses how economic difficulties have led to increased participation in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). The author suggests that due to health requirements for school food service, students in the NSLP are eating healthier. Despite rising reimbursements for free and...
- IN HIGH SCHOOL, JUNIOR HIGH: Othello School District eyes `budget branding'. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the installation of theme foodcourts at Othello School District's high schools in Washington State. Concepts of the foodcourts in the schools; Percent gain in snack sales.