Susan Woods Wins Top FAME Award
- Kinsey Tops FAME Awards. // FoodService Director;12/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p1
The article announces that Joanne Kinsey, director of school nutrition services for Chesapeake Public Schools, was awarded the 2009 Golden School Foodservice Director of the Year Award from Foodservice Achievement Management Excellence (FAME).
- DAWN OF A NEW ERA: HOUSER TAKES FAME GOLD STAR. // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p2
Reports that Dawn Houser, a food service director (FSD) at Brevard County Schools in Viera, Florida, won the Golden Star FSD of the Year Award in the 13th annual Foodservice Achievement Management Excellence (FAME) awards program. Significance of the FAME awards; List of the other winners of...
- Yale's Rafi Taherian Named FSD of the Year. // FoodService Director;4/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p18
The article announces that Rafi Taherian, the executive director at Yale University's Yale Dining, was recognized as the journal's FSD of the Year for 2013 during the 2014 MenuDirections conference in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Tony Geraci Chosen FSD of the Year. // FoodService Director;4/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p1
The article announces that Tony Garci, Baltimore City Schools director of food and nutrition services was awarded Foodservice Director of the Year for 2009 by the publication "Foodservice Director."
- FISD honors innovation. // Wilson County News;5/27/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 21, p2A
A photograph is presented of Floresville, Texas Independent School District's food services director Pam Watson who received an award for being an innovative thinker in serving students from district superintendent Sherri Bays.
- Fame Awards recognize leaders. // Food Management;Jan1998, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p15
Focuses on the winners of the Foodservice Achievement and Management Excellence Awards sponsored by Tyson Foods and Basic American Foods given to school food service directors for 1997. Features of the awards; List of winners.
- milestones. // FoodService Director;8/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p26
The article announces personnel changes in the U.S. food service sector including the resignation of Paul Carmine, director of hospitality services at Magee Rehabilitation Hospital, and the appointment of John Griffiths as campus executive chef at Washington University, along with the Theodore...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/16/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p26
Presents news concerning food service in the United States as of February 2004. Winners of the Golden Star Foodservice Director of the Year Award from the American School Food Service Association; Ban on the sale of carbonated beverages in schools; Executive appointments.
- A Life Far Less Ordinary. King, Paul // FoodService Director;5/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p29
The author reflects on the accomplishment of Pavel Matustik, the executive director of the Santa Clarita Valley School Food Service Agency, in the non-commercial food segment in the U.S. He describes the experiences of Matustik under the communist government of Czechoslovakia. He recounts how...