- INDICATOR. // People Management;2/22/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p102
The article reports on the status of employment-related indicators in Great Britain as of February 2007. The number of unemployed persons decreased by 23,000 in the three months to December 2006 but increased by 133,000 over the year to a total of 1.69 million. Over 45,000 jobs were created...
- Creating employment and growth. van Wamelen, Arend // New African;Nov2012, Issue 522, p66
The article reports that Africa needs to create wage-paying jobs more quickly to sustain the successes. A new report published in August 2012 shows that only 28% of Africa's labour force holds wage-paying jobs, despite the creation of 37 million new such jobs over the past decade. The official...
- Hill County jobless rate lowest in 5 years. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);9/20/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p1
The article highlights the lowest unemployment rate obtained by Hill County, Texas since 2001. The state's nonagricultural employment increased by 2.4 percent since August 2005. Since July 2003, more than 600,000 jobs were created in Texas. The unemployment rate in Hill County dropped by 5.1...
- Indicators… at-a-glance business data. // Personnel Today;3/28/2006, p62
The article offers information on the economic indicators of Great Britain in 2006. CPI annual inflation--the government's target measure--rose slightly to 2% in February, compared with 1.9% in January. The largest upward effect came from recreation and culture. The only significant downward...
- Indicatorsâ€¦at-a-glance business data. // Personnel Today;7/10/2007, p50
The article presents several economic indicators, including unemployment, online recruitment, job creation and wages that determine the economic conditions of Great Britain as of May 2007. The number of unemployed individuals in the nation declined by 15,000 for the first three months ending...
- Employment here climbs sharply. // Journal of Business (10756124);12/23/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 26, pA2
Reports that non-agricultural wage and salary employment in the Spokane area in Washington rose to 205,000 in November 2004, n increase of 4,500 jobs from the November 2003 level. Unemployment rate in the area according to preliminary results.
- Suprises on the job front. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;5/16/2005, Vol. 34 Issue 46, p9
Presents updates related to employment in the U.S. in 2005. Job gains in April 2005; Unemployment rate; Status of average weekly wages; Decrease of corporate layoffs in 2005.
- INDICATOR. // People Management;6/16/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p102
Presents the statistics for several aspects of employment in Great Britain as of June 2005. Unemployment rate; Average earnings; Job creation; Job satisfaction.
- A bummer of a jobs report. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/11/2005, Vol. 34 Issue 41, p11
Presents statistical data on employment in the U.S. for March 2005. Number of jobs added in different business sectors; Decline in the unemployment rate from 2001 to 2005; Increase in hourly wages; Results of a survey performed by the U.S. Center for Economic and Policy Research on employment of...