PEOPLE & POSTS
- ON THE MOVE. // Personnel Today;11/20/2007, p40
The article announces appointments of several executives, including Brian Whittaker as the HR director of Aster Group, Andrew Newall as group HR director of United Biscuits, and Siobhan O'Malley as diversity trainer of the University of Leeds in Leeds, England.
- Learn from procurement, HR is urged. // People Management;2/22/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the need for human resources (HR) professionals in Great Britain to learn procurement skills if they are to become more strategic and aid efficiency in their firms according to David Pointon, chairman of the Society of Procurement Officers in Local Government. Pointon,...
- Up and running. Whittaker, Brian // Finweek;6/26/2008, p69
The article reports that the Department of Trade & Industry has made significant progress with expanding South Africa's business process outsourcing (BPO) industry to meet the target of creating 100,000 new jobs by 2010. Brian Whittaker, chief executive officer of Business Trust, explains some...
- Cigarette causes fire at opticians. // Optometry Today;5/30/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p8
The article focuses on a report in the May 28, 2009 issue of "Fenland Citizen" regarding the evacuation of opticians in Cambridgeshire, England after a discarded cigarette caused a fire in its window display. The discarded cigarette is believed to set fire to wood at the front of the shop which...
- Does HR need a better relationship with the medical profession? // People Management;9/14/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 18, p9
The article presents views on whether the human resources (HR) department need to have a better relationship with the medical profession in Great Britain. A higher level of information an early stage is provided by general practitioners (GP) according to Adrian Garton, group human resources...
- The Side with the Best Leader Wins. Lutz, Robert A. // Executive Excellence;Aug99, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p11
Describes how business leaders challenge employees to achieve by creating a compelling vision of the future and then unlocking their potential. Human psychological constructs involved in marketing; Development of professional competence; Respect for political realities.
- The Effects of Firm Strategy on the Level and Structure of Executive Compensation. Singh, Parbudyal; Agarwal, Naresh C. // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p42
Presents a study that provided additional insights on the determination of executive compensation in Canada. Review of related literature; Discussion on identifiable strategic orientations that affect business management; Effects of firm strategy on the level and structure of chief executive...
- Managers of small firms challenge stereotypes. Baron, Angela // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p59
Describes the findings of the research on how much the managers of small and medium-sized enterprises know about modern personnel management practices and their relevance to business needs. Managers recognition of the management theory; Discrepancy between the importance of managers; Variety...
- PAGE FOUR...HRD PEOPLE--'YOU'RE WORTH YOUR WEIGHT IN GOLD!' Cook, Michael H. // Training & Development Journal;Jul80, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p4
Focuses on the growing demand for human resource and development (HRD) executives. Types of HRD jobs being offered and the salaries that go with them; Growing importance for human resources people in the upper levels of management.