- Seattle OKs aggressive recycling plan. Truini, Joe // Waste News;12/22/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 18, p3
One of the nation's most environmentally progressive cities will require businesses and residents to recycle to boost its sagging program. The City Council in Seattle, Washington voted 8-0 December 15, 2003 to mandate recycling starting January 01, 2005, following a community outreach program in...
- Mission unaccomplished: THE DRIVE FOR SUSTAINABILITY. PADDON, MICHAEL; PILLORA, STEFANIE; HERRIMAN, JADE // Government News;Feb/Mar2010, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p20
The article discusses several activities embarked by city councils to measure and assess sustainability in Australia. It mentions that they developed purchasing programs to reduce energy or water use and increase recycled content in the good and services buy and use. It adds that they...
- Recycling hit by 'postcode lottery'. Hoffbrand, Jenny // Precision Marketing;12/14/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the impeded progress of the direct marketing industry's effort to meet the 55% target of recycled direct mail by 2009 due to the refusal of a large number of city councils in Great Britain to recycle shredded paper. The city councils, like Manchester, Newcastle,...
- Scots councils falling short on recycling. Scott, David // Public Finance;2/11/2005, p16
Reports on the warning given by the Accounts Commission to the councils to redouble their efforts on recycling waste in Great Britain. Increase of the percentage of waste recycled and composted in 2003; Amount of biodegradable waste sent by councils to landfill; Average cross cost of refuse...
- Calif. cities to end recycling operation. // Waste News;08/04/97, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p6
Reports on a vote taken by the San Jacinto City Council to end a joint recycling operation with the city of Hemet, California. How long the Council had been participating in the project; Hemet's response to the Council's action.
- AEROSOL RECYCLING ROLLS ON. // Packaging News;Jul2010, p1
The article reports on the new kerbside aerosol recycling service launched by the City Council in Leeds, England on June 21, 2010.
- Columbus, OH Agrees to Curbside Recycling Program for Implementation by 2013. // Solid Waste Report;12/19/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 22, p7
The article reports that the city council of Columbus, Ohio agrees to start its curbside recycling program by 2013.
- MOUNTAIN CITY MONTAGE. Tom, Pauline // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);5/27/2009, Vol. 106 Issue 8, p4C
The article offers information on developments and events in Mountain City in Texas, including the city council meeting, City Hall planning, and the "Refresh and Recycle Mountain City" event.
- BE SEEN TO BE GREEN TO AVOID BELIEF CLAIMS. Guinan, Guy // People Management;2/7/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p19
The article discusses the advantages for businesses of adopting environmental-protection practices as a way of avoiding discrimination claims from employees with strong environmental beliefs. Employers without an environmental policy may find themselves facing claims from employees who consider...