Councils join forces with IBM to improve services
- LESSONS LEARNED FROM FALLING THE IBM WAY. Reisman, Sorel // IEEE Software;Mar93, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p120
Focuses on the failure of International Business Machines (IBM) due to its joint-venture laserdisc fiasco, Disco Vision Associates in 1980. Benefits of working with IBM; Role of IBM in the venture; Reason for the formation of DVA.
- Government site enables exports. Frook, John Evan // B to B;11/26/2001, Vol. 86 Issue 21, p13
Reports the joint venture of the United States' Commercial Service with the International Business Machines (IBM) Corp. Purpose of the partnership; Launch of the BuyUSA.com Web site; Features and advantages of the Web site; Importance of the site to IBM's WebSphere server software.
- Joint initiatives with IBM. // Traffic World;1/25/99, Vol. 257 Issue 4, p42
Reports several joint initiatives with the International Business Machines Corp. Announcement of bundled hardware, software and consulting services solution at IBM Global Supply Chain Executive Conference by the Syncra Software; Introduction of enterprise application solution by Oracle Corp....
- Questions raised over Essex outsourcing. Shifrin, Tash // Public Finance;7/3/2009, p9
The article reports on the questions raised over Essex County Council's selection of a preferred bidder for an outsourcing deal in England. It cites that Essex's deal has received questions since the scope of its contract is uncertain. Moreover, the council has decided to reduce the scope of its...
- CARDS ON THE TABLE. Cooper, Jo // Government News;Feb/Mar2010, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the issues related to the eight-year strategic transformation services agreement by the Essex County Council in England with International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) in 2009. It states that the deal consists IBM's examination and reformation of the myriad aspects of the...
- Broadening horizons. Bredin, James // Industry Week/IW;10/06/97, Vol. 246 Issue 18, p68
Reports on the training of International Business Machines Corp. executives at Cambridge University, England. Avoidance of the program to any direct reference to computers or management theory; Techniques to enable executives to achieve a wider perspective.
- Rebalancing the Workforce At IBM: A Case Study of Redeployment and Revitalization. Greenhalgh, Leonard; McKersie, Robert B.; Gilkey, Roderick W. // Organizational Dynamics;Spring86, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on the concept of redeployment and revitalization adopted by the International Business Machine (IBM) in Vermont. Identification of workforce inefficiency; Techniques in workforce reduction imposed by IBM; Products and services of the company.
- IBM, Riverdeep Partner In Kentucky; Riverdeep Announces 1Q Results. // Electronic Education Report;12/06/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p2
Announces that New York-based computer firm IBM and interactive learning solution provider Riverdeep Group PLC have formed their first joint venture to provide electronic learning infrastructure for schools.
- Big blue teams with Cascade. Pappalardo, Denise // Telephony;4/1/96, Vol. 230 Issue 14, p16
Focuses on the joint venture between Cascade Communications and International Business Machines Corporation. Benefits to carriers and users; Information on Cascade's relay switches; Announcement of IBM; Views of Frank Dzubeck, president of Communications Network Architects Incorporated.