Skills training for OD specialists? That's a bright IDeA
- Climbing new heights in the great outdoors. Smethurst, Steve // Public Finance;Jul2004 Training, p17
Discusses the importance of experiential learning to outdoor training courses. Role of outdoor training as the ideal medium for personal growth and corporate change; Understanding of the role and relevance of a coach in business; Benefits of outdoor training.
- Do They Practice What You Teach? JOHN SWEENEY // Chief Learning Officer;Sep2011, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p36
The article argues that learning leaders can cause employees to practice skills and make organizational changes by modeling the desired behaviors themselves and allowing employees to practice in a safe environment of acceptance and encouragement. Business learning executives including Maggie...
- When expectation and experience collide. Wright, Stephen // Nursing Standard;2/24/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p22
The article discusses the role that personal experience played in promoting organizational change within a hospice in Sunderland, England.
- Building Manager Effectiveness by Combining Leadership Training and Organization Development. Pledger, Carol // Organization Development Journal;Summer2007, Vol. 25 Issue 2, pP71
How can Training and Organization Development be combined to improve individual manager and team effectiveness? How can lessons from the classroom be sustained and reinforced? At Goldman Sachs University we designed an experiential learning program that uses the same models to achieve three...
- The Role of Non-Formal Education and Training in Strengthening Organizational Capacity: The Case of 15 Liberian Civil Society Organizations. Duo, Samuel N.; Hoover, Tracy S.; Flanagan, Constance // Liberian Studies Journal;2010, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p128
The article examines the use of informal education and training to improve organizational operations within Liberian civil society organizations (CSOs). The author argues that CSOs will be important in bringing about social stability, democratization, and economic development in Liberia's...
- BLENDING DIDACTIC AND EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING METHODS. Bell, Chip R.; Margolis, Fredric H. // Training & Development Journal;Aug78, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p16
Discusses the use of didactic-experiential learning methods in employee training programs. Needs of learner; Comparison between uniform and flexible learning; Nature of the learning dimension.
- Issues. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1988, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p4
Comments on key issues concerning occupational training and manpower development. Justification for training budgets and evaluation of training programs; Pros and cons of experiential learning; Criticism against letting consultants dominate as authors of articles in the 'Training and...
- In the trenches: Increasing competency of teachers-in training by having them conduct individualized interventions. Newman, E. Jean // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Mar99, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p36
Determines the impact of an experiential activity on teachers-in-training. Aims of the study; Theoretical perspectives; Individual interventions; Indications of improvement in teacher efficacy.
- How Effective Is Outdoor Training? Wagner, Richard J.; Roland, Christopher C. // Training & Development;Jul92, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p61
Evaluates the effectiveness of various outdoor-based experiential training (OBET) programs. Types of OBET programs; Behavior changes occurred after people participated in OBET programs; Role of trainers or facilitators; Recommendations.