Plan to cope with a flu pandemic
- Encouraging Absenteeism. Segal, Jonathan A. // HR Magazine;Oct2008, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p103
This article focuses on business operational issues related to an influenza pandemic. Plans should include fine-tuning leave policies within the context of an employer's business continuity plan. Two primary interrelated components to a pandemic business continuity plan directly relate to an...
- Planning for the worst. Dwan, Sue // NZ Business;May2001, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p42
Provides tips on crisis management. Need for documented crisis management plan; Importance of draft media responses during critical situations; Identification of damaging events; Significance of determining individual roles and responsibilities.
- Chris Larkin heads EMJ's Midwestern Credit Region. // Business Credit;Jan1997, Vol. 99 Issue 1, p59
Reports that Chris Larkin was promoted to regional credit manager of EMJ's Midwestern Credit Region. Larkin's responsibilities; Larkin's previous post.
- Coping with civic disaster. Vandevelde, Helen // Personnel Today;Spring2003 Supplement, p17
Human resource directors who have a clear strategy for coping with civic disasters can help limit the damageï¿½and hone leadership skills in their organization at the same time. If they want to discover how effective a leader they really are, they should find themselves an emergency to...
- A question of black and white?. Roe, Carolyn Thornhill // RN;Dec81, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p85
Examines how a head nurse handled a crisis sparked by misunderstandings between two employees on her unit. Events that led to the complaint of a unit clerk; Basis for claiming the cause of the problem as racial; Details of how the dispute was settled.
- Managing the Unexpected. Aldisert, Lisa // ABA Bank Marketing;Dec2001, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p40
Deals with crisis planning for small banks. Importance of communication; Crisis management in personnel department.
- Response and recovery: The role of HRM in disasters. Walker, Bernard; Nilakant, Venkataraman // Human Resources Magazine;Oct/Nov2012, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p24
The article discusses the results of research on how organisations responded to the 2012-2011 Canterbury seismic events in New Zealand and the role of human resource management (HRM) in disasters. According to the author, the research found that the ability to identify and address the needs and...
- Crisis Management in Today's Business Environment: HR's Strategic Role. Lockwood, Nancy R. // HR Magazine;Dec2005, Vol. 50 Issue 12, Special section p1
Today's business environment requires a robust, enterprise-wide plan to deal with unexpected crises. Company reputation and brand, as well as the trust and loyalty of stakeholders, are all criticai factors in the background of crisis management. At the helm, HR leaders play a strategic role in...
- Wake-up Calls. // Canada & the World Backgrounder;Oct2007, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p23
The article calls for governments to work on pandemic preparedness. One of Canada's worst natural disasters was the ice storm that hit eastern Ontario, Quebec, and New Brunswick in 1998. In 2003, the deadly outbreak of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome in Ontario was due to poor preparation. In...