Nonfiction Wins November
- May Brings Title Turnover; Nonfiction Still Favored. // Book Publishing Report;Jun2008, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the changes in the book trade categories for May 2008 based on the composite ratings from various periodicals in the U.S. At 146 editions, new International Standard Book Numbers (ISBNs) in May were below the 180 editions of April. The top five books were close in rating,...
- Fact Checker. // Quill & Quire;May97, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p47
Defines the International Standard Book Number (ISBN). Parts of the ISBN; Validation of ISBN; Contact information.
- Actionable ISBN Application Introduced in Germany. // Information Standards Quarterly;Winter2011, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p39
The article focuses on the launch of the International Standard Book Number (ISBN)-A (actionable ISBN) by the German ISBN Agency MVB during the Frankfurt Book Fair 2010 in Germany.
- ISBN barcodes printed on books. // Library Journal;3/1/1986, Vol. 111 Issue 4, p38
Reports on the recommendation by Book Industry Systems Advisory Committee (BISAC) that barcoded International Standard Book Numbers (ISBN) numbers should be printed on books by publishers during the manufacturing process.
- Cranking It Out. // Publishers Weekly;5/30/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 22, p6
Focuses on a comparison of increases in published titles and book sales in the U.S., as of May 2005. Percentage of an increase in book production and sales; Status of book production between 1999 and 2004; Level of an increase in adult fiction in 2004; Total number of publishers who registered...
- Transition to ISBN-13 for U.S. Publishers. Grabois, Andrew // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer2003, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p14
Outlines the recommended timetable for making the transition to International Standard Book Number (ISBN)-13 for U.S. publishers as of June 2003, which must be completed by January 2005. Requirements for publishers by January 1, 2005; Ways R.R. Bowker will assist publishers in making the...
- New 13-digit ISBN. // inCite;Sep2005, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the publication of the fourth edition of International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 2108, focusing on the International Standard Book Number (ISBN), by ISO. Implementation of the change in the global ISBN system; Use of the ISBN in the global book trade; Web site where...
- ISBN INDEX. // Quill & Quire;Jun2007 Supplement, Vol. 73, p57
The article offers information regarding the changes introduced to International Standard Book Numbers (ISBN) numbers by the Canadian ISBN Agency. It states that for the next few years only the "978-" prefix will be used by the ISBN system. The "979-" prefix will only be introduced when the ISBN...
- Shoppers Stick to What They Know in December. // Book Publishing Report;Jan2009, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the 94 International Standard Book Numbers (ISBN) that appeared on Simba Information Inc.'s ranking of bestseller list for December 2008 in the U.S. It is noted at 18.8 per week, represented the lowest rate since the previous December 2007, when it was 16 new entries per...