Amazon Plays Loyalty Card In Kindle Launch
- THE EBOOK WARS Amazon Versus the Rest. Herther, Nancy K. // EventDV;May2012, Vol. 2012 Issue 5, p20
The article offers information on the impact of electronic publication of books on the publishers, distributors and book industry, highlighting the influence of Amazon.com. It states that websites like Amazon.com Inc. are making it easy for the consumers to make purchases online and access to...
- Kindle DX: Amazon's Latest Ebook Reader. Herther, Nancy K. // Information Today;Oct2009, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p26
The article focuses on issues surrounding the release of the electronic book (ebook) reader Kindle DX from Amazon in the U.S. market in September 2009. It describes the device's major enhancements. Views and concerns of six college and four high school students on the ebook reader are detailed....
- Warming to the Kindle. Quittner, Josh // Time International (Atlantic Edition);8/18/2008, Vol. 172 Issue 7, p40
The author reflects on the Kindle digital-reading device made by retailer Amazon.com. He discusses different techniques he used to overcome some of what he perceives to be the Kindle's shortcomings including the energy-draining sleep mode and the awkward control buttons. Other topics include...
- Looking Beyond The Valley. Lashinsky, Adam // Fortune;5/29/2000, Vol. 141 Issue 11, p264
The article argues that established companies and their investors can make other sites in the U.S. their technology nucleus aside from Silicon Valley in California. Companies such as Amazon.com and Real Networks have satellite offices in Seattle, Washington. San Francisco has become a tech...
- July. // Micro Mart;1/7/2016, Issue 1395, p40
The article recounts developments in the high technology industry in July 2015, including the 0800 and 0808 British phone numbers becoming free on mobile, music streaming service Xbox Music renamed as Groove Music and online retailer Amazon launching the music streaming service Prime Music.
- September. // Micro Mart;1/7/2016, Issue 1395, p40
The article recounts developments in the high technology industry in September 2015, including camera maker Canon developing a 250-megapixel camera sensor, online retailer Amazon stopping the production of Fire phones and the launch of the iPad Pro tablet computer from Apple Inc.
- Amazon.com Set to Open Global Digital Media Hub in London. Lynch, Erin // Multichannel Merchant Exclusive Insight;7/25/2012, p1
The article reports that Amazon.com will open a global Digital Media Development Center in London, England that will enable design and development teams to work on various media projects such as the creation of interactive digital services for television and game consoles.
- EMA HONORS 'DIVERGENT,' HBO, AMAZON, SEIDEL. LATCHEM, JOHN // Home Media Magazine;10/1/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 15, p8
The article focuses on the winners of Entertainment Merchants Association Digi Awards including the Digital Content Digi Award to Lionsgate's Divergent Series, Craig Seidel of the Motion Picture Laboratories and the Digital Retailer Digi Award to Amazon. com Inc.
- AMAZON Fire TV. // Computer Shopper;Jul2015, Issue 329, p69
The article offers brief information on the Fire TV digital media player from Amazon.com Inc.