- The Rise and Fall of the Vitter Earmark. Branch, Glenn // Reports of the National Center for Science Education;Sep-Dec2007, Vol. 27 Issue 5/6, p9
The article offers information on the support accorded by Senator David Vitter to a Christian group that challenged the teaching of Charles Darwin's evolution in the public school system in Louisiana. He earmarked $100,000 in a spending bill for the Louisiana Family Forum (LFF) that disputes the...
- AU Urges Obama Administration To Probe Ten Religion Earmarks. // Church & State;Jun2010, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p16
The article reports on the call of the Americans United for Separation of Church and State (AU) to the Obama administration to investigate the 10 earmarks for religious schools wherein inappropriate public fund issues have been raised. It states that AU had requested an examination of the...
- EGREGIOUS EARMARKS?: Americans United Says Congressional Aid To Religious Groups Is Tone-Deaf To The Commands Of The Constitution. Boston, Rob // Church & State;Apr2008, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p7
The article focuses on the problems met by the fundamentalist Christian organization Teen Challenge. It mentions that attorneys with the Americans United for Separation of Church and State (AU) have conducted investigations regarding the questionable allocations to organizations with clear...
- Top Democrats brush off the president on earmarks. Alarkon, Walter // Hill;2/26/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p1
The article reports that leading U.S. Democrats brush aside the suggestion of Barack Obama on the federal budget earmarks.
- CORRECTION. // Hill;6/11/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 68, p3
A correction to the article regarding the earmark requested by Senator Thad Cochran that was published in the June 10, 2009 issue is presented.
- Cure the pork addiction, expose the pandering. Westmoreland, Lynn // Hill;3/13/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p30
The author reflects on the addiction of several members of the U.S. Congress to pork barrel funds.
- House GOP earmarks motion falls short again. Kucinich, Jackie; Malmgren, Jessica // Hill;4/3/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p6
The article reports that the earmark resolution introduced by U.S. House Republican legislators Jack Kingston, Frank Wolf and Zach Wamp has been tabled by the Democrats during the floor debate on reauthorization legislation aimed at combating AIDS.
- House Republicans stand to benefit from earmark bans. Bogardus, Kevin // Hill;7/16/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 82, p14
The article reports on the benefit of the earmark bans to the House Republicans in the U.S.
- Senate defense bill's earmarks total $9 billion. McCaffrey, Kiera // Hill;7/15/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 83, p13
The article reports on the additional $9 billion in earmarks by the U.S. Senate Armed Services Committee to the 2010 defense authorization bill led by Senators Evan Bayh, Mitch McConnell, and Edward Kennedy.