Onward and upward
- 10 smart ways to slash your health care bills. O'Connor, Anne Marie // Shape;Jul2008, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p96
The article presents a list of ten steps which patients can take to lower their health care costs including choosing the appropriate health care plan, knowing what to do in a health care emergency and reviewing hospital bills.
- Why Pre-set Pricing Could Work. Flower, Joe // Physician Executive;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p62
The author offers his insights regarding the characteristics of the health care sector in the U.S. and in many parts of the world. According to the author, medical care in the U.S. has a pricing structure similar with that of the Soviet Union, wherein prices are determined from the government...
- Bad muti. Jones, Llewellyn // Finance Week;2/23/2004, p18
Comments on the rise of private hospital care costs in South Africa due to pricing regulations. Price mechanisms for medicine and health services; Compensation for lost profit by professional fee; Adjustment of ward and theater fees within the constraints of the hospital's funding arrangements.
- Medical Savings Accounts: Will they reduce costs? Forget, Evelyn L.; Deber, Raisa; Roos, Leslie L. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;7/23/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 2, p143
Background Medical Savings Accounts are an attempt to reduce health care costs by transferring responsibility for expenditures to patients, while providing them with state-supported base amounts to cover some of the costs. We wondered whether such a system would actually be effective, given the...
- CMS projections assume SGR cuts to Part B physician fees. // Medical Device Daily;2/5/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p1
The article reports on the projection of Chris Truffer of the Office of the Chief Actuary at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services that healthcare spending for 2009 will increase by 5.7% from the 4.4% growth between 2007 and 2008. Truffer states that this is the largest increase in health...
- Marketing toolbox. Jones, Clare // Therapy Today;May2009, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p21
The author considers the development of a profitable pricing strategy among healthcare practitioners. She emphasizes that implementing an effective pricing strategy will be an important part of financial success. She explains that creating an effective pricing strategy involves research,...
- Report blames NY government for state's medical malpractice crisis. Hillard, Paula J. // Contemporary OB/GYN;Apr2008, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p24
The article reveals the findings of a report released by the Public Citizen New York Public Interest Research Group and the Center for Medical Consumers regarding the cause of medical crisis being experienced in New York. It has been found that the crisis has not been due to skyrocketing medical...
- Health care bill reaches $3245 per Canadian. Buske, Lynda // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/16/2003, Vol. 169 Issue 6, p595
Estimates the total value of health care spending in Canada in 2002. Research conducted by the Canadian Institute for Health Information; Value of drug expenditures.
- 3 in 10 Americans say health care bills cause serious financial burden. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jun2008, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p62
The article reports that health care costs rank among Americans' top personal economic problems, and their struggles to deal with those costs have affected both their financial well-being and their family's health care, an April 2008 poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation found. Nearly three in 10...