Promising results for new tuberculosis therapy
- Once-weekly treatment as effective as daily treatment in TB continuation phase. // Infectious Disease News;Apr2013, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p19
The article discusses the RIFAQUIN study conducted by Dr. Amina Jindani and colleagues which found that once-weekly administration of rifapentine and moxifloxacin for tuberculosis treatment is effective as the standard daily treatment.
- Antibiotic-resistant Ocular Surface Flora After IVT Injection. // Review of Ophthalmology;Jul2013, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p71
The article offers information on the side-effect of routine use of topical moxifloxacin after intravitreal injection that can lead to an increased antibiotic resistance in ocular surface flora.
- Moxifloxacin-based regimens for tuberculosis. // Africa Health;Nov2014, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p51
The article discusses the study which aims to determine if the replacement of isoniazid or ethambutol with moxifloxacin is effective in improving rates of adherence and adverse effects on tuberculosis.
- Moxifloxacin resistance in the F15/LAM4/KZN extensively drug-resistant strain of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Dookie, Navisha; Sturm, A. Willem; Moodley, Prashini // Infection & Drug Resistance;2014, Vol. 7, p223
Objectives: Moxifloxacin (MXF) has been advocated for the treatment of extensively drugresistant (XDR) tuberculosis despite resistance to older-generation fluoroquinolones. We investigated the relationship between the minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) of MXF and mutations in the gyrA and...
- Evaluation of a Rifapentine-Containing Regimen for Intensive Phase Treatment of Pulmonary TB. // MD Conference Express;Aug2011, p8
The article reports on research which was conducted by Susan E. Dorman of Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland in an effort to investigate the effectiveness of using a rifapentine-containing or rifampin-containing regimen in the intensive phase treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis....
- Efficacy and safety of moxifloxacin in acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis: a prospective, multicenter, observational study (AVANTI). Chuchalin, Alexander; Zakharova, Maryna; Dokic, Dejan; Tokić, Mahir; Marschall, Hans-Peter; Petri, Thomas // BMC Pulmonary Medicine;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Background: Acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis (AECB), including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (AECOPD), represent a substantial patient burden. Few data exist on outpatient antibiotic management for AECB/ AECOPD in Eastern/South Eastern Europe, in particular on the use of...
- HezeyanÃ® Parazitoz Tedavisinde Ketiyapin. Ünsalver, Barış Önen; Uygunoğlu, Uğur; Ertan, Turan; Eker, Engin // Yeni Symposium;2009, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p34
Quetiapine Therapy In Delusions Of Parasitosis Delusions of parasitosis (DP) is a rare psychiatric disorder in which the patient is preoccupied with a fixed, false belief of being infested by insects, worms or other living organisms, without additional thought disorder. Although, DP may occur at...
- La recherche clinique en cancÃ©rologie thoracique: place et rÃ´le de lâ€™Intergroupe francophone de cancÃ©rologie thoracique (IFCT). Teixeira, L.; Trédaniel, J.; Zalcman, G.; Morin, F.; Milleron, B. // Oncologie;Jun2009, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p343
The French Intergroup of Thoracic Oncology (IFCT) aims to develop clinical research in all fields of thoracic oncology, and has recently implemented innovative phase III trials. The purpose of this article is to briefly describe active clinical trials as well as completed studies.
- Moxifloxacin. // Reactions Weekly;2/27/2010, Issue 1290, p34
The article describes the case of five patients who acquired uveitis-like syndrome while undergoing treatment with oral moxifloxacin.