Nike and Foot Locker Open House of Hoops
- America's Sneaker Culture Powers Foot Locker. MARILYN ALVA // Investors Business Daily;7/3/2014, pA05
Catwalks from New York to Milan confirmed the trend this spring: sneakers have arrived.
- SNEAKER PEEK. Braine, Matthew // FN: Footwear News;11/27/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 47, p60
The article discusses the footwear brands of choice of clients and employees at Crunch Gym in downtown New York City. The people in the gym all assert that comfort is the key in choosing the brand of footwear. The brands chosen were Nike, Asics, New Balance and Puma. They bought their shoes from...
- Kids' b-ball shoe sales jump. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;9/3/2014, pA02
Basketball shoe sales spiked 70%, year over year, within the 4 weeks ended Aug. 17, said NPD Group. The category accounts for 26% of all children's volume, up from 17% of sales in '13. The overall athletic footwear market only grew 3% during that time, and children's footwear grew 5%, said NPD....
- Power Shift. Powell, Matt // SGB;Feb2004, Vol. 37 Issue 2, Special Section p3
Discusses the changes in the athletic footwear industry in the U.S. in 2003. Decrease in athletic footwear sales in 2003; Decision made by Nike regarding the distribution of its key allocated styles at Foot Locker; Predictions for 2004.
- Nike Foot Locker. // Advertising Age;8/23/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 34, p10
Focuses on an advertisement for the Air Max Shootout retro sneakers of Nike Inc. and Foot Locker Inc. featuring basketball player Charles Barkley. Agency that created the advertisement; Persons involved in the advertising effort.
- ON DEADLINE. // FN: Footwear News;7/17/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 29, p2
The article offers news briefs on the U.S. footwear industry. Nike has launched its Nike+iPod sport kit at its Niketown store in New York City. The Foot Locker's stock price increased to $28 in relation to a bid made by Kravis Roberts & Co. to acquire the athletic footwear company.
- Foot Locker rebounds with House of Hoops. Barker, Cyril Josh // New York Amsterdam News;11/22/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 48, p29
The article reports that House of Hoops by Foot Locker Inc. has opened its doors in Harlem, New York City. The store, which caters exclusively to basketball enthusiasts, features high fashion sneakers, clothing and even a half hardwood court for playing. The store carries footwear by Nike,...
- Nike, Foot Locker Get Back-To-School Athleisure Jolt. MARILYN MUCH // Investors Business Daily;8/31/2015, p00
The article reports on the strong traffic levels and conversions to sales posted by American sportswear companies Nike Inc. and Foot Locker Inc. in August 2015, according to Ken Perkins, president of analytics firm Retail Metrics Inc.
- Nike Stock Looks To Make Critical Play As Under Armour Jumps. ALISSA WILLIAMS // Investors Business Daily;2/1/2016, p1
The article reports on the market shares and financial performance of several footwear companies in the U.S. Footwear companies include Under Armour Inc., Nike Inc., and Foot Locker. Other topics include an increase annual sales on athletic shoes for the week ending on January 23, 2016,...