Honoring the Past and Looking to the Future
- SportsOneSource to Acquire SGB and Related Properties. // SGB;Sep2006, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p12
The article looks at how SportsOneSource Group and "Sporting Goods Business," two of the leading information resources serving the sporting goods retail market, are joining forces, offering the industry a single, comprehensive source for trade news, analysis, career services, and market research...
- Super show stats. Dvorak, Jeanette // American Fitness;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the Sporting Goods Manufacturers of America's trade show entitled `The Super Show' in Atlanta, Georgia on February 4-7, 1994. Information on last year's Super Show; Contact information.
- Golf keeps growing. // Golf World;06/27/97, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p8
Reports on a study conducted by the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association regarding sales of United States sports equipment, apparel and footwear. Overall findings of the study; Ranking of golf in sales leadership; Equipment that topped the money count.
- Dark cloud hangs over Super Show as industry braces for tough year. Troy, Mike // Discount Store News;2/7/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the troubling issues faced by the sporting goods industry in 2000. Impact of the Super Show of the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association on retailers and consumers; Impact of the year 2000 being an Olympic year with summer games to be held in Australia on the sale of sporting...
- Super show still offers excitement. Troy, Mike // Discount Store News;3/6/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the sporting goods and products which were presented at the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association's annual 2000 Super Show. Seal Mask swim goggles from US Divers; Potential profits for team sports dealers; Performance in the basketball category.
- The SGMA Spring Market Aims to Reconnect the Industry. Kerrigan, Andy // SGB;Dec2006, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p12
The article discusses the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association's (SGMA) Spring Market, which will take place June 11-13, 2007 in Las Vegas, Nevada. This will be the first year for the new trade show that replaced the Super Show, which was closed due to falling attendance. SGMA Spring Market...
- SGMA ANNUAL REPORT: SPORTING GOODS INDUSTRY REMAINS RESILIENT. // SGB;May2009, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p12
The article offers information on the performance of the sporting goods industry in the U.S. According to the officials of the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association (SGMA), the industry fared better as compared to the 7% composite gross domestic product (GDP) decrease in the national consumer...
- Sporting Goods Market on the Rise. // American Fitness;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p42
Discusses the report released by the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association on the state of the sporting goods industry in the United States in 2000. Factors which contribute to the growth of the industry; Sales of sporting goods equipment; Sales of athletic footwear; Projected sales of...
- Trade association mounts campaign to stem proliferation of trade shows. // Marketing News;3/2/1984, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p7
The article focuses on the initiative launched by the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association (SGMA) to promote the proliferation of trade shows in the sporting goods industry. The efforts of the SGMA to increase the number of sporting goods trade shows is being supported by the industry. SGMA...