Brands going mobile
- 4 Creative Ways to Rise Above the Competition. Syverson, Andrea // Multichannel Merchant Exclusive Insight;2/19/2012, p2
The article offers several branding lessons. They include leveraging one's iconic products as demonstrated by luxury marketer Coach. Another is involving customers in production creation and testing. Also included is building all branding efforts around a specific core message and tethering...
- Your Brand YOUR WAY. Lane, Nancy // Spa Australasia;8/ 1/2012, Vol. 50, p38
The article offers the insights of various individuals on creating private brand of products. Strategic brand consultant Victoria Butler states that asking questions from existing clients could contribute in developing ideas of what to create and where to begin. Endota co-founder Melanie Gleeson...
- What is Wrong with Test Marketing? Stanton, Frank // Journal of Marketing;Apr1967, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p43
The testing of marketing innovations by actually placing them in a limited number of test markets and then observing consumer reaction has become a way of life for most consumer packaged-goods companies. But this writer points out that this is a much less rewarding method than if several...
- Make sure all your products are anti-aging--product stability and package compatibility. Baker, Howard // DCI;May98, Vol. 162 Issue 5, p52
Focuses on the importance of product stability and package compatibility in product development programs in the cosmetics industry. Testing of product at the contract manufacturer or fragrance supplier; Ways to check the stability of a product formulation; Compatibility testing in actual packaging.
- Tortured for Toothpaste. // Scholastic Action;1/24/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the testing of commercial products such as toothpaste on animals.
- Sample Savvy. Molaro, Regina // Global Cosmetic Industry;Jun2000, Vol. 166 Issue 6, p46
Presents innovations in the sampling of cosmetic products. Features of the BeautiTouch sampler of ARCADE; Introduction of ShadeMatch Shade Selector system from ColorPrelude; Development of the SWAK-paq technology of Flexpaq.
- Streamlined testing. Jancsurak, Joe // Appliance Manufacturer;Mar1995, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p80
Reports the help offered to the OEMs by consultants, agencies and suppliers for improving its testing. Approach of Product Safety Consulting Inc. to the testing project; Option 9000 services offered to the OEMs by the Canadian Standards Association; Aid provided by suppliers.
- Rating paper towels. // Consumer Reports;Sep87, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p581
Ratings of various paper towel brands find that costlier brands outperform ordinary towels, but that doesn't make them a better value. Towels are tested for strength when wet and absorbency. INSET: Microwave paper towels..
- DIVAGATIONS. Mann, Lester // Journal of Special Education;Spring86, Vol. 20 Issue 1
Editorial. Discusses the concept of tests and testing. Preoccupation of people with tests despite their flaws; Criticism of tests because of their limitations; Usefulness of tests; Fueling of test conceptualization and creation attributed to the marketplace.