Microsoft chief opens Comdex
- Comdex: Gates. // PC Week;11/7/94, Vol. 11 Issue 44, pA/18
Reports on Bill Gates' participation in the Chili for Children Cook-Off at the 1994 Comdex.
- Gates foresees a bright, more powerful future for PCs. // New Hampshire Business Review;12/6/96, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p30
Reports on the speech of Microsoft Corp. chairman, Bill Gates at the Comdex trade show last November 1996. Role for stripped-down machines dependent on computer networks for performing functions; Criticism of competitors; Refocus of Microsoft business. INSET: Gates has plans to host tech summit..
- Comdex-goers hear first Gates address after crippling court ruling. Ferguson // Las Vegas Business Press;11/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p25
Previews the 1999 Comdex/Fall trade show in Las Vegas, Nevada. Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates as one of the keynote speakers; Topics for discussion; Other technology news.
- Mud flies at Javits Center. // Electronic News;10/14/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2138, p4
Reports on Sun Microsystems Computer Co. president Ed Zander's negative comments against Microsoft chief executive Bill Gates in the wake of both executives' appearance at the Unix Expo Plus in Javits Center, New York City.
- Compu-confabbers swing with the Gates. Voland, John // Variety;11/17/97, Vol. 369 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the scheduled attendance of Microsoft Corporation chairman and chief executive officer Bill Gates at the Comdex '97 computer trade show in Las Vegas, Nevada. Analysis of the digital videodisc technology; Battle between the US Department of Justice and Microsoft; Stand of Gates...
- Microsoft's Gates conjures future computing. Cunningham, Cara A. // Electronic News;11/21/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2041, p32
Reports on Microsoft chairman Bill Gates' keynote speech at the Fall/Comdex 1994 show. Vision of how the information highway will interact with computers and communications by the year 2005; Microsoft's strategy.
- Comdex address by Gates doesn't stray from Windows. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;04/27/98, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p18
Presents information on the Comdex computer spring computer show, and the April 20 1998 address by Bill Gates of Microsoft Corporation on Windows 98.' Reference to Bill Gates, Microsoft's chairman and chief executive officer, to infiltrate mainstream media; Relation to Microsoft having 150...
- Microsoft unveils Net appliance tailored to MSN online service. Uimonen // InfoWorld;12/06/99, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p64F
Reports on Microsoft chairman and chief executive officer Bill Gates' description of the Microsoft Network (MSN)-based Web Companion at the November 1999 Comdex computer show. Product as a category of dedicated desktop appliances designed to link users directly to Microsoft's online service;...
- RISK TAKERS BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO COMDEX. Dodge, John // eWeek;11/20/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p5
Comments on developments at the 2000 Comdex Computer Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. Webcast interview with Bill Gates; Potential of Microsoft Corp.'s tablet personal computer; Thrill of seeing and touching the products.