Dome plans unveiled
- Dome planning delay. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;1/11/2002, p14
Reports the consortium bidding to turn the Millennium Dome into a sports arena in Great Britain. Details of the awarding of the bid to Meridian Delta; Approval of the plans by the London Borough of Greenwich.
- IC: Contracts. // International Construction;Nov99, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p6
Presents a photograph of the Millennium Dome, still under construction in London, England.
- Glitches under the big top. MacLeod, Alexander // Christian Science Monitor;1/5/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 30, p7
Discusses public opinion surrounding and problems during the opening of the Millennium Dome in England on New Year Eve 2000.
- He? She? It? Edwards, William // U.S. News & World Report;07/06/98, Vol. 125 Issue 1, p14
Mentions Britain's Millennium Dome, which is set to open December 31, 1999. Plans for a large sculpture and debate over which gender would most fairly represent humankind; Comments by Jennifer Page of the New Millennium Experience Co., the firm that is overseeing the dome's development.
- The big top. Goldberger, Paul // New Yorker;04/27/98-05/04/98, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p152
Focuses on the construction of the Millennium Dome in London, England. Cost of the dome; Where it will be constructed; Significance of building the dome.
- If I owned the Dome. Fletcher, Mike // Marketing Event;Sep2000, p45
Presents the ideas of exhibition organizers concerning the operation of the Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England. Will Dixon, director of marketing at Crystal Visions Design Consultants; Paul Ephremsen, director at ID Field Marketing; Andrew Morris, chief executive officer at Earls Court and...
- Dome spending under new scrutiny. // Public Finance;03/03/2000, p16
Reports on the call for the British National Audit Office to investigate the Millennium Dome's use of lottery funds. Full value for money audit requested by lawmaker Richard Page; Page's accusation against the Dome's management for squandering public funds; Annual audit of the Dome as...
- Dome to build an extra venue. // Marketing Event;May2000, p6
Announces the construction of the Starship marquee, an adjacent facility of the Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England. Purposes of the structure; Information on the entries that would find a post-2000 use for the Millennium Dome.
- Dome sponsor boost. // Marketing Event;Apr98, p6
Reports that the sponsorship target for the Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England, could be exceeded due to a surge of interest from industry following the unveiling of the exhibition contents in February 1998. Lists of confirmed sponsors; Concepts revealed in the exhibition.